THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Budget time

i do believe im going to take part in my first TD on this one, after i rob a store, highjack a truck, steal the neighbors veggies, hunt me down some meat and forge some receipts i should be good to go right?

You forgot the Road Kill part....and don't get caught I want to see what your neighbor has in his garden.

Does couponing count? If so, we're going to have a 3 course meal with Tbone steaks. My FIANCE is a couponing freak

Waddaya know... The Budgie just disappeared!:heh:

Mmmm....budgies!

thumb-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

First off, I'd like to thank Tarhog for a great out of the box TD idea. We need more creative categories like this! :clap:

It's going to be fun to see how creative people get with their budgets as well as the dishes they cook. :idea:

OK, back to our regular kooky banter! :twitch:

If by some odd way I ever decide another TD, it will be Al Can't Play! :caked:

Mongo's official "On a Budget" entry

Dear Bigus of the Bytus,

Please use this as my official entry... It sounds like I better get this in before my BIL Toast gets his way. :tsk:

Since we had to keep this meal on a low budget (under $15.00 US), I figured I better look in the freezer to see what I had on hand first. To my surprise :shock:, I found one rack of these left over from a while back.
edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

Thank Jehova I had taken the time to vacu-suck and save one after being stood up on the open invite to my cross country Bretheren :drama:. Before being abducted by the aliens Friday morning :twitch:, I threw one rack in the fridge to thaw. Here's how it looked by the time they dropped me off back home last night. :wacko:
edit_preview.php

I rubbed it up with some SM Sweet Seduction, wrapped it in plastic and threw it back in the fridge to set up overnight. About one thirty this afternoon, I put it on the Traeger with a load of oak to git r smokin'. After about four hours, it looked like this. :biggrin1:
edit_preview.php

I let it go for about another hour, then pulled it and wrapped in foil to keep warm while I fired up a couple sides. Here it is after about 20 minutes in the foil tent. :biggrin1:
edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

To keep things semi healthy, I put together a side salad... :mrgreen:
edit_preview.php

To offset the side salad, I toasted up some cheesy/buttery roasted garlic sourdough blubber bread... :heh:
edit_preview.php

And to push it all over the 5000 calorie mark I threw on a couple (five) juicy smokey beef back ribs... :thumb:
edit_preview.php

Here's the whole kit and kaboodle ready to stuff into my pie hole. :hungry:
edit_preview.php

Between the ribs, the salad and the blubber bread I figure I was into this meal for less than ten bucks. :bow:

Not sure which pic to use for the money shot... Please help and thanks for looking. :becky:

Back