BBQ Brethren "On a Budget" Throwdown!

Budget time

i do believe im going to take part in my first TD on this one, after i rob a store, highjack a truck, steal the neighbors veggies, hunt me down some meat and forge some receipts i should be good to go right?

You forgot the Road Kill part....and don't get caught I want to see what your neighbor has in his garden.

Does couponing count? If so, we're going to have a 3 course meal with Tbone steaks. My FIANCE is a couponing freak

Waddaya know... The Budgie just disappeared!:heh:

Mmmm....budgies!

thumb-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

First off, I'd like to thank Tarhog for a great out of the box TD idea. We need more creative categories like this! :clap:

It's going to be fun to see how creative people get with their budgets as well as the dishes they cook. :idea:

OK, back to our regular kooky banter! :twitch:

If by some odd way I ever decide another TD, it will be Al Can't Play! :caked:

Mongo's official "On a Budget" entry

Dear Bigus of the Bytus,

Please use this as my official entry... It sounds like I better get this in before my BIL Toast gets his way. :tsk:

Since we had to keep this meal on a low budget (under $15.00 US), I figured I better look in the freezer to see what I had on hand first. To my surprise :shock:, I found one rack of these left over from a while back.
edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

Thank Jehova I had taken the time to vacu-suck and save one after being stood up on the open invite to my cross country Bretheren :drama:. Before being abducted by the aliens Friday morning :twitch:, I threw one rack in the fridge to thaw. Here's how it looked by the time they dropped me off back home last night. :wacko:
edit_preview.php

I rubbed it up with some SM Sweet Seduction, wrapped it in plastic and threw it back in the fridge to set up overnight. About one thirty this afternoon, I put it on the Traeger with a load of oak to git r smokin'. After about four hours, it looked like this. :biggrin1:
edit_preview.php

I let it go for about another hour, then pulled it and wrapped in foil to keep warm while I fired up a couple sides. Here it is after about 20 minutes in the foil tent. :biggrin1:
edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

To keep things semi healthy, I put together a side salad... :mrgreen:
edit_preview.php

To offset the side salad, I toasted up some cheesy/buttery roasted garlic sourdough blubber bread... :heh:
edit_preview.php

And to push it all over the 5000 calorie mark I threw on a couple (five) juicy smokey beef back ribs... :thumb:
edit_preview.php

Here's the whole kit and kaboodle ready to stuff into my pie hole. :hungry:
edit_preview.php

Between the ribs, the salad and the blubber bread I figure I was into this meal for less than ten bucks. :bow:

Not sure which pic to use for the money shot... Please help and thanks for looking. :becky:

Back