THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hmmm, OK, so I go to MY photo bucket account this afternoon (on the new netbook) to show some of my co-workers all the amazing cooks deguerre and I have done together (cause they were talking about avoiding cooking at all costs) and I see that the pix from last night's cook were already loaded...hmmm :confused:. Then I get home, mention this to deguerre and he says, "oh, I entered the 'I'd Hit That' TD". "Really?", I think. I see RED! Guerry bought the ground sirloin and ground turkey (a mix that was MY suggestion because the meat stays uniform; not greasy and doesn't crack) saying he wanted to make meatloaf. I e-mailed him yesterday saying we should make meatballs with it, grill it along with the mushrooms (marinated in EVOO and balsamic vinegar), add the grilled mushrooms to the modified, store-bought pasta sauce and have it all over Angel hair pasta with freshly grated Asagio.
HE ENTERED A COOK THAT WAS TOTALLY MY IDEA:mad2:! All he did was light the grill, time the meatballs, meatballs that I oh so meticuously formed (33 to be exact) and boil the pasta.
Oh well, guess I can understand e-code a little better now since gore has used her prepped goods which were intended for her own entry and used it in his. Hmm again, note to self, "don't share ideas with hubby".:thumb:

Hmmm, OK, so I go to MY photo bucket account this afternoon (on the new netbook) to show some of my co-workers all the amazing cooks deguerre and I have done together (cause they were talking about avoiding cooking at all costs) and I see that the pix from last night's cook were already loaded...hmmm :confused:. Then I get home, mention this to deguerre and he says, "oh, I entered the 'I'd Hit That' TD". "Really?", I think. I see RED! Guerry bought the ground sirloin and ground turkey (a mix that was MY suggestion because the meat stays uniform; not greasy and doesn't crack) saying he wanted to make meatloaf. I e-mailed him yesterday saying we should make meatballs with it, grill it along with the mushrooms (marinated in EVOO and balsamic vinegar), add the grilled mushrooms to the modified, store-bought pasta sauce and have it all over Angel hair pasta with freshly grated Asagio.
HE ENTERED A COOK THAT WAS TOTALLY MY IDEA:mad2:! All he did was light the grill, time the meatballs, meatballs that I oh so meticuously formed (33 to be exact) and boil the pasta.
Oh well, guess I can understand e-code a little better now since gore has used her prepped goods which were intended for her own entry and used it in his. Hmm again, note to self, "don't share ideas with hubby".:thumb:
I bet it was a plot by Team Husbands.

Well, it all sounds rather condemning except for one teensy-weensy little fact: that Team Husbands has never won a throwdown! Obviously, it is a conspiracy of Team Wives to trick us into submitting an inferior product, while they prepare a quality entry. Those meatballs look great, except I know they will be completely overlooked once Redhot plays her cards.

Yes, I hear ya! The only perk is if there is actual dinner and I didn't have to cook it.

A good rule of thumb is to only share your second-best ideas. :wink:

Ron's relentless quest for a revolution has stuck inspiration in me, so I'm entering a naked fattie as my "I'd Hit That!" entry. I decided to do two versions, so I started off with some plain ole Bob Evans Zesty Hot and Hormel Medium.

nakedfatty1.jpg

Each were sliced open and given a dusting of Burnt Finger BBQ rub.

nakedfatty2.jpg

Then they went onto the Weber Kettle over indirect heat.

nakedfatty3.jpg

While the fatties were smoking, I sliced some onions and jalapenos and pan fried them in a bit grape seed oil. I hit them with a little salt and pepper too.

nakedfatty4.jpg

About thirty minutes later I took at peek under the hood, and here's what I found.

nakedfatty5.jpg

Once they hit 150, I glazed them with some Pork Barrel BBQ Sweet sauce.

nakedfatty6.jpg

At 160 they were pulled from the grill, and I let them rest long enough to where I could handle them without burning myself. Each was sliced into perfect little rounds.

nakedfatty7.jpg

We decided we liked the Zesty Hot one better, so I spread all of the rounds out evenly on a warm freshly baked baguette.

nakedfatty8.jpg

The fattie slices were then topped with the fried onion and peppers.

nakedfatty9.jpg

And then topped with a drizzle of Burnt Finger BBQ sauce.

nakedfatty10.jpg

This is the point at which our camera battery died, but the last thing I did before we dove in was sprinkle fresh grated Parmesan-Reggiano over the top of the entire sandwich. This thing was farkin' amazing! Normally I'm bummed when we miss photos like that, but the sandwich was so good that I didn't even care. I'm glad I made two fatties, because now I've got a good excuse to make it again this weekend!

Nice looking meatballs young feller!!!

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]On top of spaghetti
All covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball,
When somebody sneezed[/SIZE][/FONT]

I gotta say, for my first time entry and didn't pay ENOUGH attention to the final picture. Note to self, work on that...

GREAT entries, awesome photos and ideas.

Love the photos we get in this forum. Better than many many of the food sites I see.

Ron's relentless quest for a revolution has stuck inspiration in me, so I'm entering a naked fattie as my "I'd Hit That!" entry.

WOOOO FARKING HOOOO!!!!! :becky:

I'm celebrating! :whoo: Congrats for embracing the nakedness, Jason! :clap::clap2:

That is one fantastic looking sandwich! Great job!

Back