THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A wooden peel and LOTS of semolina flour is your friend! In this instance, I didn't use quite enough semolina, which is why this pizza almost didn't happen...:icon_blush:
I find when this happens and the crust tears and the toppings are all messed up, a little push here and there with the peel and I have a farking mess that DeGuerre would be proud of. :heh: If I do it right, it even takes on sort of a starfish thingy shape. :tsk:

Beef Ribs

OK, so I really don't think this entry stands up to the others in this thread, but what the hey......I'm up for another zero.:becky:

I've been inspired by many a Brethren to try and cook beef ribs.
Bought these last night at Wal-Mart:
IMG_1721.jpg

Did 'em up with a simple EVOO, kisher salt and fresh ground pepper:
IMG_1728.jpg

And on the UDS at 300d:
IMG_1734.jpg

After about 3.5 hours:
IMG_1736.jpg

Rested in foil with beef broth and carved:
IMG_1739.jpg

This is my entry photo:
IMG_1741.jpg

Family liked em:becky::thumb::
IMG_1742.jpg

Simply Marvelous Lamb!

This was inspired by a post by SmokinAussie who was inpired by Phrasty. :grouphug:

I have no idea what cut this is as it wasn't labeled but if I had to guess given what SmokinAussie said about the cut he had and the straight bone, I would say it's the front leg portion under the shoulder.
IMG_20110326_123104.jpg

Trimmed up the silver skin that was on top and a little bit of the fat cap and hit it with a good coating of Simply Marvelous Cherry. Here it is after letting it sit for about 10 minutes.
IMG_20110326_133241.jpg

This rub almost reminds me of the smell of a chutney so I thought it would be excellent on the lamb. I gave it another coat before it hit the smoker.

Everything went on to the Treager at 225F running with pecan pellets. Here we are at about 2.5hrs
IMG_20110326_163341.jpg

Here's the finished product
IMG_20110326_181030.jpg

And all sliced up
IMG_20110326_185516.jpg

Sorry for the cloudy picture I must have had smudge on the lens from slicing. Maybe my ticket into the illustrious Zero's Club? :pray::crazy:

This was possibly the best lamb I have ever eaten. It was so tender and moist with a kiss of smoke and sweetness from the Simply Marvelous. Thank you to all that had a hand in it's creation! :clap2::thumb::clap2:

When I first logged on here, I was amazed with the pizzas that were being produced outdoors. Being the pizza freak that I am, I set off to make something that I considered special. With the help of the Brethren, I am getting closer with every attempt.....So I give you my latest, please enjoy.

Pizza #1...

5563057761_d294e1b2ee_b.jpg

5563058311_aaa8508c85_b.jpg

Quite a few beers in, the second one was tossed on...

5563635574_6edee3e041_b.jpg

5563059427_4f7a4039e6_b.jpg

***Please use this one for the Money Shot***

5563059911_430ef3daa0_b.jpg

These turned out pretty well...

5563637084_b3fc61c286_b.jpg

Wow. I've been MIA for a few days and come back and am just amazed at all the entries in the last couple days. Well done everyone. I think this might be one of the toughest votes ever for me, especially since I've cooked at least one of the recipes.

A Cheeseburger fatty - Looked great when I first saw it and definitely wanted to try.

My inspiration

My version...

Started with 85/15 ground beef and added a thin layer of Blues Hog original barbecue sauce, grated cheddar jack cheese, bacon, and sauteed red onion.
IMG_7043.jpg

Rolled it up and coated with some of my free trial The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style rub. Thanks - it was awesome.
IMG_7050.jpg

Cooked indirect with charcoal/hickory
IMG_7065.jpg

Pulled at 165* and rested 15 mins before cutting
IMG_7073.jpg

Served it up on some fresh homemade bread with a side of beans and bbq lays.
IMG_7091.jpg

First person...
IMG_7102.jpg

This thing smelled unbelievable when I brought it in off the barbecue and it didn't disappoint. I can't decide which photo to use so have at it. Thanks, brethren, for the inspiration, it's definitely not the first thing I've copied.

Back