THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BTW, Has anyone heard from Guerry lately? :peep:

You mean since he entered my sketti-N-meatballs in the latest TD? Hmmm...nope, haven't heard from him...oh, maybe that's why he gave me flowers (from the yard) the other day.:doh:

First: Jason, that fatty sammy looks FARKIN FARKITY FARKIN AWESOME!!! Nice work!!! Naked fatties are PERFECT fatties!

Second: Guerry............:tsk::tsk::tsk:. The SHAME you must feel. And FEAR!!:heh:

Third: Look what I bought tonight........
IMG_1721.jpg

So many Brethren have inspired me to try these. Never done beef ribs before. Wally world had them at (what I thought was) a pretty good price of $2.28/lb, so I picked up 2 racks for tomorrow!!! Can't WAIT!! Throwdown here I come!!!!:becky::thumb:

Look what I bought tonight........
IMG_1721.jpg

So many Brethren have inspired me to try these. Never done beef ribs before. Wally world had them at (what I thought was) a pretty good price, so I picked up 2 racks for tomorrow!!! Can't WAIT!! Throwdown here I come!!!!:becky::thumb:

Wow! That's just great. I hope you remembered to put some Guinness in your cart! And you're going to need a big pot for those suckers. Glad I could be there for you. :becky:

Wow! That's just great. I hope you remembered to put some Guinness in your cart! And you're going to need a big pot for those suckers. Glad I could be there for you. :becky:

Oh Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
I won't boil my ribs
:laugh:

Sorry Moose, reading any of your dozens of posts (including this one) would inspire me to throw a pizza. When I think of fire-roasted pizza, I think of Moose and that pizza is one of perfection (all-meat is still my favorite). But what motivates or inspires Moose?

I still didn't understand your response, then I read the beginning of this thread. Should have read it before I entered the throwdown...:icon_blush: :roll:

But believe it or not, there actually WAS an inspiration for this pizza, which was to make the very largest pizza I could fit onto my stone without farking it up, in addition to a pizza that looked like it came out of a pizzeria oven. I think I did ok on these two counts...my stone is 16 inches from end to end, and this pie was 15.5 inches. It was not easy to get off the peel, let me tell you!

Sorry Moose, reading any of your dozens of posts (including this one) would inspire me to throw a pizza. When I think of fire-roasted pizza, I think of Moose and that pizza is one of perfection (all-meat is still my favorite). But what motivates or inspires Moose?

Having made a few pizzas myself, I can certainly appreciate the logistics involved. I have cursed our peel on more than a few occasions. I have enough problems with more modest size pizzas and can imagine the disaster I would encounter. The number of kitchen implements that have been designed by people who have only ever cooked "in theory" is huge -- you would think someone would have tested them before they went to market. Aside from not goofing up the pizza on removal, I'm really impressed how evenly that pizza is cooked. I guess that's a credit to the FrankenWeber.

Gyro

The cook thread is here -

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103220

Inspiration came from a recent episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives where Guy visited a Greek restaurant in Cambridge MA where they were making gyros on a vertical spit. My interpretation of that is in the cook thread and this pic can be used for the throwdown entry -

DSCN1199_l.jpg

-lunchman

A wooden peel and LOTS of semolina flour is your friend! In this instance, I didn't use quite enough semolina, which is why this pizza almost didn't happen...:icon_blush:

Having made a few pizzas myself, I can certainly appreciate the logistics involved. I have cursed our peel on more than a few occasions. I have enough problems with more modest size pizzas and can imagine the disaster I would encounter. The number of kitchen implements that have been designed by people who have only ever cooked "in theory" is huge -- you would think someone would have tested them before they went to market. Aside from not goofing up the pizza on removal, I'm really impressed how evenly that pizza is cooked. I guess that's a credit to the FrankenWeber.

Back