THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All I can say is OMG!!! I love the pig balls, the Philly fatty is next on my list. Maybe slice it and serve it open face like meatloaf sandwich? Great BBQ & great pics brother.
Ahhhh.... ya mean like this???
This was Big Al's dinner

DSC_0045-1.jpg

:icon_blush: "brother" as in a gender neutral reference to a member of the BBQ Brethren.
No worries Brother.

Hey L-M, does Big Al cook? If not, I think Team Husbands could pick you up in Free Agency. :thumb: That fatty is BEAUTIFUL and also a great post.
It's a team effort here most of the time. For this entry Big Al cooked the onions, mushrooms, and steak while I was making the rub for the pastrami, and hung out with me as I put it all together.

You mean he COOKS too? :shock: Get him signed up and entering. There are lots of great advantages playing for Team Husbands/Wives. Unlike the lesser sports, our ownership is quite reasonable. Mr. Big actually give 100% of the television profits to our players' association. We've also gotten a generous cut of concession and ticket sales, although the owner's do keep all the rights to Foil Hat Rub. The end-of-year bonus isn't too bad either. Marketing could be vastly improved; I think it's run by a bunch of squirrels. :tsk:

I don't know if this will in fact be my final entry, but it certainly fit the category. It may look a bit familiar as it was entered for the previous throwdown. Essentially, it is for an unorthodox, rather heretical, treatment of food.

In essence, these are some spare ribs that I cooked in the traditional fashion. They were trimmed by my assistant

IMG_1708.jpg

Then placed into a pot with a bottle of Guinness and BOILED for about an hour :shock:

IMG_1711.jpg

Afterwards, they had this delightful appearance

IMG_1715.jpg

I let these cool, then rubbed them in Foil Hat, and smoked them for about an hour with a chunk of cherry. I then brushed them with Sweet Baby Rays and left them on for another half hour or so:

IMG_1725.jpg

The result was quite edible ribs. I post them here because this recipe was completely inspired by a post by one of our Brethren. :shocked: Yes, who of you could have inspired me to boil ribs? :icon_blush: I plan to reveal the inspiration in a "Cooking with the Master" episode that is currently in production.

Then placed into a pot with a bottle of Guinness and BOILED for about an hour :shock:
The result was quite edible ribs.

Heretic! Blasphemy! :shock: :crazy: :shocked:

Ron, you going to allow this??? Where are the other Mods??? This type of behavior can not be allowed! Everyone, grab your pitchforks, we got some work to do!

Burn Him@!

Heretic! Blasphemy! :shock: :crazy: :shocked:

Ron, you going to allow this??? Where are the other Mods??? This type of behavior can not be allowed! Everyone, grab your pitchforks, we got some work to do!

Burn Him@!

As offensive as this post may be, no rules have been broken :tsk:

:becky:

Back