THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

there's some great looking stuff in here, it's gonna be another hard vote I think!

I do freely offer advice, and have done so many times before. the results speak for themselves!

coconut shrimp & walleye

using my authentic kamado style ceramic cooker direct from asia some 3000 years ago and my trusty rusty wok, i whipped up a heapin' helpin' o' shrimp and walleye with coconut panko breading.

csw-003.jpg

csw-012.jpg

csw-014.jpg

csw-016.jpg

use #3.

Man, I am not even getting in on this. There are some killer photos brothers. Nice job.

Oh!

OK but this might get bumped... F4 @ 1/60th of a second. Reflective cards are silver mylar on a chip board stock.

Here's the deal, I've directed a lot of food photography and I know what it takes but I don't have the equipment. You need a good soft light source high and slightly behind and a little fill light from the front above the camera and what set it off is just a sharp focused light that just skims the top of the food. Now try getting that with halogen kitchen lights 2 reflective cards and a flashlight. My stomach wins over the photo every time!
Will something like this work well with food? http://www.amazon.com/XPRO-Studio-Photography-White-Photo/dp/B000BFGU9E

Do you mean like food shots for throw-downs?
NO! Absolutely not :lol:

Actually it might do pretty well. But, you usually want a mix of soft and hard light. Tenting everything is usually used for highly reflective objects like chrome, glass, etc. You could just build some frames out of PVC and stretch a translucent fabric across it. Use that on the top light and a little less focused fill from the front/side.

I second that! Bigabyte's advice is as good as Shawn's in my book! :biggrin: Uh, where is Shawn? Did she go on vacation with Phubar again? Hey Phube, did Shawn help you out with that yummy meal?

Don't know what you're talking about.:roll:
Last time she was on vacation in NY her avatar said "I'm on Fubar"....just saying...

Back