BBQ Brethren "Asian" Throwdown

there's some great looking stuff in here, it's gonna be another hard vote I think!

I do freely offer advice, and have done so many times before. the results speak for themselves!

coconut shrimp & walleye

using my authentic kamado style ceramic cooker direct from asia some 3000 years ago and my trusty rusty wok, i whipped up a heapin' helpin' o' shrimp and walleye with coconut panko breading.

csw-003.jpg

csw-012.jpg

csw-014.jpg

csw-016.jpg

use #3.

Man, I am not even getting in on this. There are some killer photos brothers. Nice job.

Oh!

OK but this might get bumped... F4 @ 1/60th of a second. Reflective cards are silver mylar on a chip board stock.

Here's the deal, I've directed a lot of food photography and I know what it takes but I don't have the equipment. You need a good soft light source high and slightly behind and a little fill light from the front above the camera and what set it off is just a sharp focused light that just skims the top of the food. Now try getting that with halogen kitchen lights 2 reflective cards and a flashlight. My stomach wins over the photo every time!
Will something like this work well with food? http://www.amazon.com/XPRO-Studio-Photography-White-Photo/dp/B000BFGU9E

Do you mean like food shots for throw-downs?
NO! Absolutely not :lol:

Actually it might do pretty well. But, you usually want a mix of soft and hard light. Tenting everything is usually used for highly reflective objects like chrome, glass, etc. You could just build some frames out of PVC and stretch a translucent fabric across it. Use that on the top light and a little less focused fill from the front/side.

I second that! Bigabyte's advice is as good as Shawn's in my book! :biggrin: Uh, where is Shawn? Did she go on vacation with Phubar again? Hey Phube, did Shawn help you out with that yummy meal?

Don't know what you're talking about.:roll:
Last time she was on vacation in NY her avatar said "I'm on Fubar"....just saying...

Back