BBQ Brethren "Asian" Throwdown

Meat Burner - that is a really good looking plate. Congratulations and thanks for posting the pictures.

I really enjoy reading about these throwdowns. They really expand my thinking on what I can burn over an open fire.

Question... Asian done on a Q' or just Asian.

Also... Asia is a BIG PLACE.. Any particular place you have in mind, or are we talking from East of the Urals, all the way to the most eastern Japanese Island, which is nearly Alaska... Just Sayin'.....:mrgreen:

I think the working definition of Asia for the throwdown is the map in bigabyte's first post - the contest includes Asia Minor and Russia.

on the Q question - "1) The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner."

Question... Asian done on a Q' or just Asian.

Also... Asia is a BIG PLACE.. Any particular place you have in mind, or are we talking from East of the Urals, all the way to the most eastern Japanese Island, which is nearly Alaska... Just Sayin'.....:mrgreen:
1. You have to be Asian, or of Asian descent to enter.
2. If you have an advanced degree in Asian or Asia, you can enter as an honorary Asian.
3. Adobo is not Asian, although other pepper paste products may be used.
4. No uralnating on the food.
5. Hawaii counts as Asian, since I think we all know it is American by name only and is totally occupied by Asians.
6. These rules really work for me.

1. You have to be Asian, or of Asian descent to enter.
2. If you have an advanced degree in Asian or Asia, you can enter as an honorary Asian.
3. Adobo is not Asian, although other pepper paste products may be used.
4. No uralnating on the food.
5. Hawaii counts as Asian, since I think we all know it is American by name only and is totally occupied by Asians.
6. These rules really work for me.
So are the Phillipines Spanish?:biggrin:

Women are Asian, don't care about the men.

(apologizing now to Kuya's Kitchen)

When I asked my Vietnamese friend if he ever ate any dog, he said, "Ah, black dog, much more tender than white dog"! (True story) He was joking about the tenderness part, but he did eat dog before he moved to the USA.
He said he could go to some Vietnamese restaurants in "Little Saigon" in Westminster, California and order dog. Of course it's not on the menu. He said if you don't look like and speak Vietnamese they'll never acknowledge having it, of course.

I've been getting in touch with my inner Asian all week. I think 2 more movies on Chop Saki theater and it'll be time to break out the cleaver!

When I asked my Vietnamese friend if he ever ate any dog, he said, "Ah, black dog, much more tender than white dog"! (True story) He was joking about the tenderness part, but he did eat dog before he moved to the USA.
Kind of like kurobuta pork huh?

Back