THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major League Awesome guys...congrats!:biggrin: BTW...I couldn't help but notice your "Green" Thermapen in the pics...nice choice! :twisted:

Hey guys, thanks for all the support. We just got to our hotel room in Time Square. We've been hanging out at Blue Smoke Barbecue all night and had a blast. SmokeInDaEye swung by with 12 pounds of bacon for us, and toasted a few beers with us. This has all happened so fast, and we're living it up. We're meeting up with Chris Marks bright and early tomorrow morning to setup shop in outside the Fox New studios.

PS. While at dinner tonight we got the news that "Bacon Explosion Recipe" was the #1 Google search term today. Amazing!!!!!

Hey guys, thanks for all the support. We just got to our hotel room in Time Square. We've been hanging out at Blue Smoke Barbecue all night and had a blast. SmokeInDaEye swung by with 12 pounds of bacon for us, and toasted a few beers with us. This has all happened so fast, and we're living it up. We're meeting up with Chris Marks bright and early tomorrow morning to setup shop in outside the Fox New studios.

PS. While at dinner tonight we got the news that "Bacon Explosion Recipe" was the #1 Google search term today. Amazing!!!!!

Cool beans Jason. :icon_cool Try one of the chicken thingies grilled on a stick with hot sauce from one of the street vendors. I think they are great.

incredible!

my brother, the doctor sent me the link to the nytimes article! hahaha :biggrin:

Was also featured on Good Morning America today. Sam Champion and Chris Cuamo are fans!!! They had a deli nearby make it for them based on the assembly tutorials... The Dean brothers later commented they wanted a piece...between white bread with mayo..... Way to go guys!!! Your on fire today!

Nice coverage on Fox and Friends ...saw it this AM...I am going to try the recipe for the Superbowl. I also did not hear the word "Fattie". I have a few questions. I noticed that it was sliced with an electric knife...is that necessary? Sauce was mentioned but not rub. The sausage layer looked thicker than on the BBQ Brethren and the blog. On the pictures posted here and on the website, the Bacon Explosion was glazed with sauce before slicing. It appeared that no sauce was applied to the outer surface on Fox and Friends...Your comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

And how many pounds did you leave with? :roll:

Funny the looks you get when the only thing in your shopping cart is mounds of bacon! I also tried buying fried bacon from about 6 delis and no one would sell 6 pounds of bacon.

Great hanging out with you all and see you in KC for the Royal.

IMG00234.jpg

I had every intention of saying fatty, but it all just happened so fast. Adrenaline was pumping, and it was freezing cold. Chris Marks let us use his equipment, so that was his electric knife. It actually worked out really well and helped keep the bacon weave from falling apart. As far as the glaze goes, we were planning to do that during the live spot, but Gretchen grabbed the knife and started cutting. No big deal. :)

Back