Aprons, Tee shirts.. Grafitti??

We should have something ready for the KCBS competition in Vegas 11/7-11/8. We could wear berets filled with smoked meat..Then we can intitmate our rivals..

wel.. hows this pig???? told a buddy to work the pig, and make it looked more "crazed"..

this with a napkin around it neck?? "The Brethren" in the banner at the top.. and something to make it look like Q related.

The Brethren on the top banner, in gothic of some sort.

Let's Eat, on the bottom banner.

Put some Southern Flavor on it! on the back.

web address under it.

I LIKE IT!!! My only criticism is the two flames on top; they look like horns. Someone's already mentioned "The Brethren" sounds cult-like. Screw 'em! Still, is a devilish image what we as a whole want? I'm flexible. Maybe the top flames move outwards behind the ears somewhat? Pickin' nits: Can/should the smoke be light blue, or are we the only people who would "get it?" This logo ROCKS. Right on, Phil.

Yes,"The Brethren" in the top banner is allready there, but i have him using the woodbadge font like we use on this site. You think Gothic is better?

"Lets eat" across the bottom. He has "BBQ" just as a place holder. Thats an idea. I'll send him that now.

which web address do you think we should use?

We have Bandera-Brethren and BBQ-Brethren.(not to mention the misspelled one also.).

I'm also going to include Dave Littles home phone number.

Oh, thank you. Fortunately I screen ALL phone calls -- I'll just set up the BB option on the voice mail :D

I dunno know Bill...doesn't the Southern Flavor thing cross the same line as the Schaefer idea? Personally, I like the "Brothers in Smoke" idea for the bottom banner, but again, I'm flexible. However, I think a napkin around the neck already suggests let's eat, no? I say, no offense, let's think twice about including the URL...IMO keep it lean and clean...web address seem like clutter.

I'll offer:

Drain mods
Lawn furniture insulation mods
Dreamland BBQ sauce
Chimney mods
Can't forget Southern Flavor
Hot Wahula's
Smoked Mullet

Drop shipments on charcoal baskets, etc.

Thanks Phil -- I hate my job and you just gave me a new career!! :D

Alright, why not put the web addy across the back. Clean and simple.

I dunno know Bill...doesn't the Southern Flavor thing cross the same line as the Schaefer idea? Personally, I like the "Brothers in Smoke" idea for the bottom banner, but again, I'm flexible. However, I think a napkin around the neck already suggests let's eat, no? I say, no offense, let's think twice about including the URL...IMO keep it lean and clean...web address seem like clutter.

I agree with lean and clean but I do think we need the web address. Other commercial stuff should probably be generic (unless SF will let us use their logo -- heck they might!)

Also, I like the font we use now and Brothers in Smoke.

As usual, just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary :D

David,

I think we need to see the different fonts on the thing. My hunch is the "wood" font (kinda homey) may clash with this crazed, maybe gothic look.

StLouQue said:
Alright, why not put the web addy across the back. Clean and simple.

I can't recall what I wrote, but I thought it clearly said the Southern Flavor comment and the web address were already on THE BACK

Mr Q, the So Flav is not along the same lines as Schaeffer. Schaeffer tastes like POOPIE. Most who try So Flav, get hooked on it like us. I never heard of anyone getting hooked on Schaeffer.

Phil, when will they ever learn.

So Mr. Q, if your not going to Bash 2 (I don't have a list of who is in or not) then send me your address in an email.

I guess your a "see it to believe it" person. I don't mind. I've converted your type to So Flav in the past.

And I thought this was a Bash Shirt. Didnt think it was supposed to be an official logo. When at Bash, always add So Flav.

willkat98 said:
And I thought this was a Bash Shirt. Didnt think it was supposed to be an official logo. When at Bash, always add So Flav.

Wow, just quoted myself. But if you guys are talking about making this some sort of logo, by all means get rid of the Southern Flavor reference.

I think I misunderstood that part of the thread.

Sorry Steve, kept saying Mr Q cuz when you are replying, you only see handle and not the persons name. I get the three St Louis guys wrong all the time, so just email me your address.

Mr Parrot, yours is on its way.

Bill,
No sweat. And I mis-read your earlier post, it seems we are in agreement about the url on back.

Actually, Greg's Seafood Bash is more financially possible this time around than Bash II.

Gotta scoot for now, but I will be back.

It's bad enough to be on a committee doing this kind of thing -- doing it in open forum is really gonna be a hoot!

All I ask is that I be able to wear the shirt in front of my wife and kids and that it be legible -- also, I think we need the web address. Other than that -- whatever is decided will be fine.

I just think it would be nice to have an "official" t-shirt or apron design for the times I show up at regional/local cookoffs :D

I agree David and Steve,

I think this will become the official logo, cuz I probably won't get off my lazy ass to get something else submitted.

My vote is still for the original goofy, retarded pig.

And BBQ-Brethren makes more sense. Nobody knows what the heck Bandera is. But do use the bandera-brethren.com url

ok, here my 2 cents.

We are are a website, since we dont have a storefront, we need the web address on there. it will be unobtrusive, but present.

I'm gonna try it with both fonts. I think we should stay true to form with woodbadge, but the graphic is a combination of many pictures and took on a gothic look. So a gothic print may be more appropiate. If the woodbadge font looks good, i will see what I can do to get rid of the gothic-ness.

For now it is a bash shirt, if I can get it submitted in time, if not, it eventually will become a logo, but not till its completely perfect.

I like the brothers in smoke, but dont think it will fit(room wise). Since I took out the knives, I wanted to get across the food/BBQ theme somehow. I thought Lets Eat was a good idea especially for a bash shirt. But if we go to a real logo, brothers in smoke should be there. I only got 8 days to get these done.. so its gettin close.

What you just said make sense (maybe too much sense and that's a scary thought after the day I had :D)

I'm sure the "logo" and/or bash or official shirts will all go thru several revampings.

Back