THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I assume youll be coming in on I70. Just on the eastside of town their is an RV park just to the southside of the interstate. Id assume they have a minimal dump fee for noncampers. Ur fill fresh water there to so you don't have to mess it as you arrive.

We are renting an RV and arriving in KC on Wednesday afternoon. Does anyone know of a nearby place where we can dump grey water and fill up with clean water before we enter the cooking area? Also, does anyone know if power will be available Wednesday afternoon?

things to bring to the ROYAL that you generally may not take to competition
- some type of fencing
- paddle lock for your crapper
- good walking shoes
- camera
- shorts, tshirts, jeans, sweatshirts, coat and maybe a stocking cap and don't be surprised if you do or don't need half of that or if you change from shorts to coat within 3 hours.
- and most importantly, a sofa ... ok something comfy to sit on

Can't help with the dump station. Unless I'm mistaken power usually isn't available until Thurs. around noon.

Couple truck stops on I-70 at about exit 28.
That campground mentioned above is at the exit before Blue Springs. Can't remember the number of it. 23 ish? Maybe? Bill Thomas Camper sales at the Wentzville exit just west of St. Louis has dump stations as well.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! We're all signed up and ready to rock! We'll be rollin' in Thursday afternoon and staying at the Best Western a couple of miles from the site. See ya soon! :razz:
JD

:mrgreen:

Best Western on Southwestern Blvd? We will be checking in on Thursday also.
What time is Happy Hour?

ML

This will be our 4th year there as well. Bring your swim suits as they have a nice indoor sauna. The outdoor pool will be drained by then.
I will let you know what room we are in.:biggrin1:

• Thanks
Reactions: mjl
They will let you know, and post a list with the map. Sorting out 500+ teams is a pretty big job.

Thanks...that is why I asked here rather than calling or emailing...I figure they have better things to worry about and don't need each of 500 teams contacting them for site info.

Back