3rd Annual Ohio Veteran Barbeque Cookoff, 10-11 July, 2009

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
were just looking forward to getting going again this year...its been a long winter...

all i want is some deer chilli.... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee i will send you all the back rent a friend payments i owe you

Alright, somehow I've missed out on the "boat eggs" in our trips up North.

Are they something that Reps are allowed to have? Or would they impair us for the duration of the contest?

Phillip

I got his entry Roger, it just took awhile to post it online.

Alright, somehow I've missed out on the "boat eggs" in our trips up North.

Are they something that Reps are allowed to have? Or would they impair us for the duration of the contest?

Phillip

come on over to the island and get a taste of boat eggs. i was thinking about a boat egg wrap in a warmed tortilla this year :idea:

The boateggs last year were really good. Thanks Rick.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

I have a question or two...first, what is the Trotwood comp? I have not heard of this one.

Second, I had an amazing time last year being able to mentor under Mike, the GC!! My wife and I met some amazing people, drank some good beer, helped out any way I could and in the end fell in love with the competition but have yet to pull the trigger enough to start down the road to doing my own comp cooks. I have way to much going on with 2 jobs and a daughter about to start school.

Anyone need some luck this year?? :biggrin: I will be there for sure but I hope to actually be able to work with another cook this year to learn even more.

Alos, will there be a judge's class this year? I would love to take it and become a judge as well to learn both sides of the coin.

what is the Trotwood comp? I have not heard of this one.
http://www.trotwood.org/administration/parks_rec/BarbequeContest.html
They did not get a Gov proclimation, but, they are waiting to hear back from the committee from the Jack and the American Royal because they submitted information about the Gov not signing any more proclimations.......

I will either be hitting the Trotwood contest, or, heading up to the Wolfe it Down BBQ Bash.....it seems WELL worth the road trip.

I want to jump in but right now funds are limiting me. I would be cooking with drums only and I do not have enough drums to do a comp at this time and working so much is not allowing me to fabricate more.

I have a question or two...first, what is the Trotwood comp? I have not heard of this one.

Second, I had an amazing time last year being able to mentor under Mike, the GC!! My wife and I met some amazing people, drank some good beer, helped out any way I could and in the end fell in love with the competition but have yet to pull the trigger enough to start down the road to doing my own comp cooks. I have way to much going on with 2 jobs and a daughter about to start school.

Anyone need some luck this year?? :biggrin: I will be there for sure but I hope to actually be able to work with another cook this year to learn even more.

Alos, will there be a judge's class this year? I would love to take it and become a judge as well to learn both sides of the coin.

We could always use some extra luck, Stay Down! You're more than welcome to cook with us. We are originally from the Dayton area (Miamisburg) but moved up to Cleveland back in 1997 long before SW Ohio turned in to the BBQ comp mecca that it is today.:-D

Our plans are to drive down and stay with family on Thursday night and then come up for the comp sometime on Friday morning.

PM me if you are interested.

Dallas

14 teams so far. what are you waiting for?

i used my $50 bass pro shop gift card from the jim dandy comp to buy another 15" cast iron skillet so i can make 2 double batches of boat eggs friday morning. i think that'll feed about 30. :biggrin:

Back