3rd Annual Ohio Veteran Barbeque Cookoff, 10-11 July, 2009

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
I got a question. Being brand new to comps. I heard a radio spot last year for this. Is there stuff to do for the public? Or is it just walking around watching you guys cook? I had thought of coming out and just walking around to see set ups and get ideas, for next year when I finally take the plunge.
Just wondering what is there for the public during a normal contest.

Depends on the contest...there are some that are attached to larger festivals, and some places where it is all about the cooking/teams. It is fun for me because one, I love competing/cooking....it is a chance to meet up with friends who's paths I do not get to cross in my "normal life"...but, if you are wanting to get into the competition part, it is interesting to see the different set ups, take a judging class, and judge a few, some teams are more available for chit chat....if all else, you are here now, sit back, read a lot, and then as contests come around, meet new friends with a passion for bbq as well....

I got a question. Being brand new to comps. I heard a radio spot last year for this. Is there stuff to do for the public? Or is it just walking around watching you guys cook? I had thought of coming out and just walking around to see set ups and get ideas, for next year when I finally take the plunge.

We will have food vendors onsite and also beverages. If the beer trailer does not satisfy your craving, the post will be open with a full serve bar. Last year we also had a homebrew demonstration and was supposed to have a homebrew comp but couldn't get enough certified judges. We encourage the public to attend and if you're serious about taking the plunge, why wait until next year? Jump on in now!

Alot of visitors stand around with their hands up in the air.

Last edited:
And to clarify, that picture is not from Kettering. Most of the 'visitors' (as Roger puts it) have food in one hand and a beer in the other at Kettering.

Hey hey hey just seen this one and wasnt doing any of that or I would know how to make first place ribs................Too many girls and that bar stool that kept calling.

By the way Rick we are up to 5 for boateggs

what's this i hear about some wisconsin boyz coming in for this one?

If this has something to do with guys pulling their pants down and humping each other then I am out!

yes tis i we are comming and we are bringing the fun with us.... we are also going to trotwood to after meeting all you fine Ohio'ens i felt i should come visit ya'll again and my wife misses pigman...lol... and jim mad me promis not to drop trow yea that will happen lol

Tell Wendy the Deer Chili will be on all night long. Billy how can you drop your trousers if you are wearing a diaper???????

Kettering will never be the same.

I didn't make you promise not to do it. I told you what would happen if you did and trust me, that will happen!

so your not making me promis? and i kinda forgot the paints pulling penalty. and if i cant do that can i make asataling bombs? lol i kidd i kidd

Back