20 Pork Butts HOT & FAST on the Fiery Furnace!

Awesome Job Brother!
Wish I was close enough to come help - You are a premire leader of the Brethern.

SD

Awesome work as always, Wamp! :thumb:

What brand vac sealer is that - do you like it? (don't have my readers on or handy right now so I can't read the name)

Awesome Job Brother!
Wish I was close enough to come help - You are a premire leader of the Brethern.

SD

Don't compliment him...he'll get a big head...err, bigGER head, I should say. Look, he says he smoked twenty butts, right? But...he only got like eleven bags vacu-packed (see picture above). He's doing something wrong. It just doesn't add up. And, that smoker he used, what a crappy machine.

Love ya, Kempis

Awesome work as always, Wamp! :thumb:

What brand vac sealer is that - do you like it? (don't have my readers on or handy right now so I can't read the name)

Thanks Greg!

That's a Foodsaver Silver, but I bought as part of THIS PACKAGE for the same price as the Silver all by itself, as marked on the website. I really like the case. I take it with me to every competition.

I LOVE IT!

I vacuum seal a LOT of stuff.
Use it all the time.
Awesome product.

Last edited:
Don't compliment him...he'll get a big head...err, bigGER head, I should say. Look, he says he smoked twenty butts, right? But...he only got like eleven bags vacu-packed (see picture above). He's doing something wrong. It just doesn't add up. And, that smoker he used, what a crappy machine.

Love ya, Kempis

I did do 20 butts, but as I said in the post above, this was only 16 of the 20 butts. Plus, those are BIG bags! That averaged out to about 1 1/2 butts per bag. Some bags were thinner because the 3 stainless pans didn't have as much in them.

Kempis, do you use FoodSaver bags always, or do you us other, cheaper ones?

I usually buy the Foodsaver bags. Always now actually.

I've used the cheaper ones before but I had a couple of bad seals coming out of the freezer. Don't know for sure if it was the bags, but I've never had a fail with the Foodsaver bags. I find the big combo roll packs at Wal Mart or order them from Foodsaver online. There's 3-11" rolls and 2-8" rolls for $35 I think. Cheaper than buying 2-11" rolls for $20. I use the 8" bags for 1 lb PP portions and ribs anyway.

I usually buy the Foodsaver bags. Always now actually.

I've used the cheaper ones before but I had a couple of bad seals coming out of the freezer. Don't know for sure if it was the bags, but I've never had a fail with the Foodsaver bags. I find the big combo roll packs at Wal Mart or order them from Foodsaver online. There's 3-11" rolls and 2-8" rolls for $35 I think. Cheaper than buying 2-11" rolls for $20. I use the 8" bags for 1 lb PP portions and ribs anyway.

Online has some of the best deals
Been disappointed with food saver lately and looking for what is better

Man, I miss that smoker. We had some great cooks and made a lot of money for charity. Some of my fondest memories was sitting up all night with her and some Brethren cooking pork for some charity event -we had some small (20 butts) to larger (3 whole hogs, cut) cooks. Most of them documented in threads on the Brethren. Every time Brethren drove from long ways to help.

The Fiery Furnace is now owned by my good friend, Jeff Olsen, DiveMaster. He's had her since last year and made some mods to make her better. Maybe one day I'll get her back...one day...

Back