20 Pork Butts HOT & FAST on the Fiery Furnace!

Woohoo. They are looking tasty...well, they were before they were wrapped :) Looks like you may be done before everyone wakes up.

Up & getting ready to pull.
Short nap.
Getting coffee in me as I type.
:tea:

Pics to come! :thumb:

Kempis, what is your plan to cool the pork quickly. It has to get out of the danger zone in four hours. Technically, it is supposed to spend no more than four hours in the danger zone in it's "life"...meaning during preparation, heating, and cooling. I know you'd hate to give anyone food poisoning.

Wampus, thanks for the great tip on how you were vac sealing them so they were conveniently ready for service in steam pans. Showed my wife that so I wouldn't forget it :)

Kempis, what is your plan to cool the pork quickly. It has to get out of the danger zone in four hours. Technically, it is supposed to spend no more than four hours in the danger zone in it's "life"...meaning during preparation, heating, and cooling. I know you'd hate to give anyone food poisoning.

Well that was the easy part.
It was about 35-40 degrees out when I pulled.
I just did it all outside on my prep tables.
Pulled 4 butts at a time in a bus tub and then distributed the pork to full foil pans, tossing them once in a while.

It took about 1 1/2 to pull, reseason and pan all 20. Then I poured cold apple juice over all the pans for rehydration purposes during reheating. By the time I was done and foiled the pans for nap time in the fridge, the pork was about room temp. Then they went straight into the coolest part of the refer.

I'm going to vacuum seal this afternoon. I'll take more pics.

Last edited:
Back