THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I beg to differ. The wording was not thought thru but the purpose of the coupon is to sell pork. "Save $6.00 ON the other white meat". The more people try to game it the sooner they will change the coupon offer.

I didn't think so either, but you gotta watch those little farkers like a hawk. They love bbq. OBTW, used another coupon today, I have printed about 20 of these and give them to everyone I know that Qs. Great deal!!!! You always need the other products anyway so stock up all year.

The Other White Meat is a registered company. Not the name of a piece of meat to be bought with this coupon. Nowhere on there does it say you have to purchase pork.They are the sponsor. Either way it has worked 15 times for me and I ain't stopping till the expiration date. A bag of charcoal for 91 cents to me is way to cool to pass up. I haven't even had anyone question it. I need a mean avatar so I can join the next fight.

they have changed the coupon. the original one said "get $6 off any 11.5 lb. (i think) or larger kingsford charcoal when you purchase one of the items below!!) no mention of the other white meat that i remember.

I just printed out 2 and theweight of the bag has changed. It's now a 13.5 lb bag of kingsford.

**36 lbs of kingsford blue and 2 jars of vlasic pickles $7.30. That's less than one bag would normally cost. I wonder if I've got enough storage space for coal for the rest of the year and all of the jars of pickles**

Last edited:
Garage is filling up I'm on my 16th bag and still no questions asked. It's for real. Lowest price so far has been .46 and highest .91. I ain't stopping.

Well, I will go ahead and try it, then! Apparently, I tend to read exactly what is there just a little bit too literally. Thanks.

Success! The coupon says 13.5 pounds or more of Kingsford. It also says one coupon per purchase (NOT the usual per-visit). I test-bought two 18 pound bags (regularly $7.50 each) and two jars of Vlassic bread and butter spears. Total with tax was $8.60. Good deal.

Getting the pickles, I walked by the bulk aisle and thought man, if I was serving a big group I would grab one of those huge Vlassic pickle jars for $4.25.

Thanks for getting me straight on this deal. I have been using straight wood, but last time I got spoiled by cheating with charcoal. It'll be nice to have some on hand.

Just bought my second bag (I don't even have a UDS...yet). $3.74 total for an 18 lb bag and some K.C. Masterpiece sauce.

Bought both bags at Wal Mart. Both times the cashier had to go check and make sure the coupon was genuine before they would let me use it. No idea what is going on there.

I assume this charcoal will stay good as long as I don't open the bags.........right?

I've re-deemed my coupons 3 different times at 3 different places. It usually took 2 or more managers to finally cave in and give me the discount. :rolleyes:All of them were at grocery stores. I'm gonna try the large chain stores next.:|

I assume this charcoal will stay good as long as I don't open the bags.........right?

Be sure you store it in a dry place with the least humidity you can find. Charcoal that just sits in a humid or damp garage or shed or whatever can eventually soak up so much moisture it is hard to light. In my humid area, it is next impossible to light old charcoal unless you start with fresh and then add the old stuff.

Better yet, get cracking on the UDS and use all that charcoal up soon! :-D

About the coupons, I just took the advice here and went through the Wally World self-serve lane. No worries. Scan the stuff, scan the coupon, feed it in the slot and there we go!

Back