18lbs Kingsford for $3.08

FYI,

Lowes Foods here in Charlotte has Kingsford Competition Briquettes on sale for 7.99, reg 10.69. I picked up a few bags on Saturday. I believe the sale is good through tomorrow.

I have bought 6 bags so far with the coupon. Have been getting either ranch dressing packet or small jar of vlassic sweet relish.
Normally pay about $3.00. I have had some of them look at it funny and one even went and talked to the Mgr. but they ahve always accepted them at Walmart.

Ken

Went to Walmart and Kroger yesterday and worked at both. Wally's was the cheapest at $7.47 for Kingsford, and got a small KC Masterpiece for $1.67. Total after coupon was $3.63 for both. Went through the self serve line and never had to talk to anyone about the transaction.

The wife & i each bought a bag last night @ $1.49 each + a bottle of ranch dressing.

Wife and I split up at two different lanes. each with an 18# bag and either pickles or dressing. My cashier didn't say a word, but hers said you have to buy some sort of pork product with the label "The other white meat". I tried to explain, but no budging on their end. Both manager and cashier didn't want any part of it. They told me you save 6 on pork when you buy coal and other product. That coupon is very misleading however you look at it. Anybody else have this issue lately? If so, how did you get by it?

I farking spent over $7 dollars. Frickin vlasic pickles were $3.78 and the charcoal was orignally priced at 8.99. Going to look for something cheaper after work such as the Ranch, lol!

Stopped at my local WalMart today and they had the 18lb bags of K for $7.50, bought a jar of Vlassic relish for $1.00 and net cost of the charcoal was a buck and a half. I'll be loading up on Kingsford this summer as the coupon is good until 12/31/09

I don't know if it will work at all Walmart's, but our I went to our local Wally's tonight and through the self serve aisle, I was able to buy just the charcoal with no other items :eusa_clap and use the coupon. Had to ring up the bags separately, but it was $7.47 plus tax - $6.00 coupon for a net of $1.99 per bag :eek:, no other item purchase needed. I am going back tomorrow to raid them for at least 20 bags if this holds out for one more day. :mrgreen:

I've done it eight times now with no problem. I get a bag or two everytime I go to Wal Mart. Yesterday it was $5.49 an 18# bag then bought KC bbq sauce for 97 cents ended up paying outta pocket 46 cents for both. Going back tomorrow.

Aww! I saw this thread yesterday and figured you guys were showing off that you got an open bag for next to nothing and picked up a few bags at wally mart for full price. Now I see this?? Geez! I did print the coupon and thanks for posting! I always need charcoal these days!

My walmart actually has wrapped broken bags of charcoal up in packing tape and put them back on the shelf for the full price. If they think I would risk losing even one briquette for the same price, they are friggin' nutts!

I want to get charcoal someplace else locally other than wallmart but honestly if its not wallmart, its ace. I dont see much of a difference.

Back