THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I went to my local WalMart last night. All the self checkouts were closed. The cashier said they don't take any coupons from the internet because "they be fraud". Whatever. I'll try elsewhere tonight.

Picked up 20 bags at Wally's this morning, but they were not happy about it. At bag 16, the Self-Serve attendant came over and started looking at my coupon. I hurried through scanning the other bags, because (maybe just me being paranoid) she got on the phone and called somebody after looking over my purchase. Then she went to the door greeter and asked them to check my receipt on the way out. I just cracked a joke and loaded up. Why they have to be such Nazi's about the whole thing is beyond me.

Picked up 20 bags at Wally's this morning, but they were not happy about it. At bag 16, the Self-Serve attendant came over and started looking at my coupon. I hurried through scanning the other bags, because (maybe just me being paranoid) she got on the phone and called somebody after looking over my purchase. Then she went to the door greeter and asked them to check my receipt on the way out. I just cracked a joke and loaded up. Why they have to be such Nazi's about the whole thing is beyond me.

Their just protecting themselves, I'd probably get curious too.:wink:

yesterday, i went to one albertsons (in the direction i was heading) and it worked like a champ... self checkout, 18lb $8.99 and a jar of relish. total was $4.58. when i went home a little while later i hit up a different albertsons... no worky... this time i got a bottle of ranch, and the same bag of coals at the self checkout, and the register said "wait for cashier for coupons"... cashier came over and opened the register and pulled out my coupon and said we cannot accept internet coupons for more than $5... i was like WTF??? and just left... i should have called her out on it, but i was tired and just wanted to go home... oh well... today is a new day...

Worked for me yesterday at wallyworld. Printed out 28 coupons, will get some more today.

For those folks who do not like to use internet coupons.... try printing them out on a laser printer, they look like something you would get in the mail.

Went to Home Dump this morning and got the twin 21.6lbs. Originally priced at $16.99. Scanned coupon and had to wait for assistance. They gave it to me ut way too much of a hassle. Not bad 43lbs of charcoal for $10+

I like paying $3.78 for 18lbs at Albertsons, I use the self check out and don't have to buy those frickin $3.78 pickles.

Fantastic - just in time for the weekend!
span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

went to wally world after pickin up the kids yesterday... the kids wanted hot dogs for dinner, so i thought hmmmm... hot dogs are on that coupon... quick...grab a bag of charcoal... self check out... 18lb bag of charcoal $7.50, hot dogs $2... total for the 2... $3.50... i like this game...:biggrin:

I keep a stack in my wifes car and my truck and anytime I'm near Wally World I get one no questions asked. I'm stopping before work today. I now need more storage space.

I tried to get the coupon, but looks like it isn't there anymore. :(

18 pounds of Kingsford regular is $7.50 at the local Wally World. I just bought my very first bag. I normally use wood only.

Well, when I call up the site, it has a blank there. When I hit print, it send out a coupon for $6 off pork if I buy the charcoal and food item. I've clicked all over and can't find the charcoal discount.

Well, when I call up the site, it has a blank there. When I hit print, it send out a coupon for $6 off pork if I buy the charcoal and food item. I've clicked all over and can't find the charcoal discount.

that IS the discount... it's not IF u buy pork, but rather... it's "on them"... as in ur saving $6 on a bag of coals and 1 of the other items listed courtesy of "the other white meat"... :biggrin:

Went to Ultra Foods. In the Chicago Area they have Kingsford 18lb. bag for $6.99. Plus $1.19 for a small jar of relish, my total was $2.78. WooHoo!:icon_cool

It is clear to me by reading this coupon, that you are supposed to be saving $6.00 on Pork. Hence the terminology "Save $6.00 on the Other White Meat".

To be eligible, you must purchase a named product and Kingsford.

Now, if folks want to game the system, that is their prerogitive, but we should not pretend the purpose of the coupon is anything other than a discount on Pork (which is still a great deal.)

Attachments

Now, if folks want to game the system, that is their prerogitive, but we should not pretend the purpose of the coupon is anything other than a discount on Pork (which is still a great deal.)

The discussion about this coupon is all over the internet. Google "the other white meat coupon".
Do you really think that it is a game and we somehow found a loop-hole. :roll:
Use it or not that is your prerogative, but we should not pretend the purpose of the coupon is intended as a discount on pork.

PS. Please keep a lid on this because the whole internet has learned how to out-smart those fools at The Other White Meat. :lol:

Back