$109 Pit Boss 5-Series Vertical Pellet Smoker

They are not supposed to keep last season's stock according to the employees i talked to yesterday. They didn't have the akorn on clearance but did offer to drop from $288 to $100.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My store had 4 or 5 stacked in a main aisle with 1 on display, 4 or 5 piled up in a mostly empty lawn and garden section, and another 10 or so palatalized on a high shelf. Hope the start clearing them out soon

Finally dropped locally. I exchanged my $350 version for the $109 version. Slightly dishonest, but at the end of the day I have the smoker and Walmart has the $109 they were willing to sell it for.

They are not supposed to keep last season's stock according to the employees i talked to yesterday. They didn't have the akorn on clearance but did offer to drop from $288 to $100.

My Walmarts haven't dropped the price yet. It's very clear they're moving out all of last year's stuff, though. Apart from a few grills, there are no Weber products left. My Walmart is going all in on their Expert Grill brand, along with Blackstone, Pit Boss, and Cuisinart products. They're even ditching the Weber branded tools and equipment.

My Walmarts haven't dropped the price yet. It's very clear they're moving out all of last year's stuff, though. Apart from a few grills, there are no Weber products left. My Walmart is going all in on their Expert Grill brand, along with Blackstone, Pit Boss, and Cuisinart products. They're even ditching the Weber branded tools and equipment.

Same here, in the Hampton/McDonough GA. area.

They show 4 at the store near me but it's the stock price. Thought I'd see if maybe it's an in store mark down, nope.

I have 1 store very close to me with 5 in stock at full price. This store NEVER puts grills on clearance.

Drunken... I'm happy for you!

Also, make it very clear that you are looking for last season's stock. That triggered one employee to remember that they were in another part of the store.

Today in SWFlorida Walmart seems to be clearing out the OkJs Highlanders for $69. All stores have at least two in stock. Hopefully once they’re gone they’ll start marking down the PB pellets. I’m holding out for a Classic 700, Austin Xl or Copperhead vert. I’ll snag the first one of those that get clearanced. It’s not the Yoder I wanted but with the money I’ll save, Bunny and I cruise to Alaska for our 25th. She’s happy. I’m covered in smoky BBQ. it’s a win-win sitsyation!

Is there an upgraded controller? I found one over the weekend and my controller seems to be a little goofy.
3rd party is what you'd have to buy. The start up and shutdown are more steps than necessary and it would be nice to cook at 275 or 325 but other than that it works just fine. I don't think I'll upgrade mine.

Have any links? The pellet world is new to me, as I have WSM's. I bought mine from a guy that had stored it outside with no cover, and never used it. When we got it going the controller had moisture on the screen. After the burn off and then smoking a pork tenderloin, I ramped it up to 350* to burn off as suggested in the manual, and the screen was blank but still running.

I tried an upgraded controller on my PitBoss 820, and it made for 2 months of headaches and wasted food. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I also learned to appreciate what the cooker was designed to do, and left it alone. Just make sure you find one that is proven to work on this cooker, before you invest your time and money into it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how people use theirs. I did one of my best pork butts on the Copperhead this weekend, but then something else scorched the next day. Still need to dial in temps to cook at, levels for water pan, etc.

Found another bhc. I had to argue with the employee. He kept insisting I had the wrong price but when he finally bring it up I was right

Prices reduced but people are buying them up and stock shrinking. Hopefully I can catch one of them at the low price. The Pit boss 700 is coming up as 12 in stock at one near me. I may just catch a break on that one.

Finally found a Vision Kamado in stock by me...but they still want the $499 for it. Damn.

Ugh...i need to know the price!
41d68f0e7af50faa44cc81976247a98a.jpg

Back