THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT, maybe. If I were to get a pellet pooper, it wold need to stay outside in New England weather. Any issue with the electronics or mechanical parts if left outside in wet cold weather?

OT, maybe. If I were to get a pellet pooper, it wold need to stay outside in New England weather. Any issue with the electronics or mechanical parts if left outside in wet cold weather?

That’s where you need to splurge on a cover or a tarp and some rope.

mine gets by under an awning semi exposed, covered half the time. water in the pellets can be a nightmare. I've read of guys leaving them out and covered.

still no deals here. I think most of ours were back in dec

How long did you cook them? The hot spots don't concern me as much, as the fact that so many aren't browned at all.
Valid point. I didn't really time it. I was getting cold, and trying to work on dinner. Once I had a few that were burnt, I figured that area was hotter, and called it good.
Is the right side that much hotter?
Smitty... we just got them assembled!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It appears that way.
With or without water?

With, I'll give that a try for a few cooks and see what I think.

Anyone spray with pam to season? I didn't see that in the instructions and my Pellet Pro didn't either.

I didn’t since it’s not raw steel like what you’d get from a fabricator. But this is that cheap Chinese ish...

I started to head to a cpl Wallymarts to see if’n they had this thing for $109 BUT.........
This got me $ instead :heh: plus some braid, n more drift sinkers........

9ffd4fdd08cc5910d265f5adc94b6b51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started to head to a cpl Wallymarts to see if’n they had this thing for $109 BUT.........
This got me $ instead :heh: plus some braid, n more drift sinkers........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That didn't cost $109, now you need to get a Whisker Seeker rod to go with it. You know, to make up the difference.

I said plus braid n more drift sinkers.......I like ProAngler n Rippin’ Lips Rods.......:wink:

I was just being a smart A. That is a nice reel. Not sure about down there, but sinkers have gotten ridiculous around here. Depending on type and size you use, you can get some really good deals off ebay. I bought 5lbs of no rolls, a few months back, for less than $20.

Stopped by a walmart today and an employee asked... let me guess, you're looking for the pit boss copperhead? I laughed so hard. Then he's like... where are all you guys coming from?

Plenty in stock near me...at $446. They can keep them at that price.

Yea, same here. I desperately want one of these for my summer cottage. Would like to have smoking capabilities there without having to worry about tending a fire and would probably only get used a dozen or so times a year. This would fit the bill perfectly.

They are not supposed to keep last season's stock according to the employees i talked to yesterday. They didn't have the akorn on clearance but did offer to drop from $288 to $100.

Back