THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wish he just played with the box vs taking parts and running away :)

My cat bounced from box to box as we were emptying stuff, but the one with the rack dividers was all his. He refused to move from that one once I laid the dividers back in the box and he started pawing at them. He wok up the next morning and went straight for that box, and he is still hoarding it.

I drove to two different Walmart to hunt for the Barrel Cooker and the Pit Boss pellet grill. Struck out at both even though both showed plenty in stock. I was kind of disappointed and relieved at the same time.

I have found Brickseek to be pretty accurate. I don't understand how it works though. Based on a tip from last week here on the Brethren I think, l went to Home Depot to look for a 22" Blackstone griddle. Brickseek showed 4 in stock. Couldn't find them after searching so went to CS desk. Sure enough they showed 4 in stock and location to be in the grill area. Went back and circled several times, went back to CS and said no can find. So she called for help and eventually we had three people looking. Final answer was sorry, must be wrong. I asked could they be womewhere else? No was the answer. So we parted ways. However, I decided to go out to the garden area on my way to the truck. Several workers moving stock and looked like checking inventory in the racks. So I asked about the griddlles but none knew what I was talking about. I said do you mind if I continue looking? Go ahead was the response. Went to the very back corner of the area and as I turned the corner saw 4 flat trucks with various bbq products. Sure enough on the last one in the very farthest and darkest corner was four 22" griddles underneath several other grills etc. So I snagged one and went back to CS desk. The same young lady said where did you find that. I told her and now her and another young lady are saying, " what an incredible deal. Now where exactly was this?"

So, persistence pays off sometimes.

Robert

19.5lb prime. Depending on when we are back in the morning I'm hoping to get it on. If back later might just do some ribs/chicken.

0d20f9e594a0361f52bfc052b5c87a1f.jpg

It's big which is great. Only 4 racks in as it comes with 5, but that is about a 15lb brisket and larger would also work depending on length.

Very helpful picture. I was just about to run to Sams to get a pork belly. I wanted to have some burnt ends cooking while I'm assembling mine. Thanks to your photo, I now know I need to get some full size hotel pans while I'm there.

And i was going to give my 2 away. I might have to keep 1. No idea why i need it other than ya'll are making it look good. Somebody cook something so I'll know if it's good enough to keep...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And i was going to give my 2 away. I might have to keep 1. No idea why i need it other than ya'll are making it look good. Somebody cook something so I'll know if it's good enough to keep...

I saw a few videos of people cooking and things looked decent. Smoke ring for those maybe worried about that. I'm guessing the flavor is normal for a pellet smoker.

For 109 that is a ton of smoking room.

I'm mostly interested to see how fast it burns through pellets since it is a larger size.

I'm thinking I might try to do a cook like it shows on the box. Cheese on the top rack, sausages all around, a pan of cornbread, a single slice of jerky, a whole turkey, brisket, etc. Just throw it all in there and let her rip.

I wonder if you can buy one at these stores and have it shipped? I almost bought one at lowes last night for $379 since I sold the yoder this week. Can’t wait to hear the reviews. Need to have something to smoke fish on...and cheese and sausage...and....

no idea why so many old smokeys and these are not all of them.

Stop by the Old Smokey website and you'll see why they are so popular. Here is a rib recipe from their site. All you need is an Old Smokey and a microwave.

Combine the first 4 ingredients. Cut each slab in half and brush thoroughly with sauce mixture. Place 2 halves, meaty side up, in 13 by 9 inch microwave safe baking dish. Cover, microwave on medium-high (70 percent power) 18 minutes, turning ribs over and rotating dish every 3 minutes. Remove ribs, keep warm. Repeat microwave cooking procedure with remaining ribs. Grill ribs over medium-hot coals 10 to 12 minutes, turning over and brushing frequents with remaining sauce mixture.

Stop by the Old Smokey website and you'll see why they are so popular. Here is a rib recipe from their site. All you need is an Old Smokey and a microwave.

Combine the first 4 ingredients. Cut each slab in half and brush thoroughly with sauce mixture. Place 2 halves, meaty side up, in 13 by 9 inch microwave safe baking dish. Cover, microwave on medium-high (70 percent power) 18 minutes, turning ribs over and rotating dish every 3 minutes. Remove ribs, keep warm. Repeat microwave cooking procedure with remaining ribs. Grill ribs over medium-hot coals 10 to 12 minutes, turning over and brushing frequents with remaining sauce mixture.
I thought this a serious post after reading that first paragraph...

Walmart 79015 zip has B&B Oak Lump $9@. I saw one of the Jumbo Joe Deluxe $19. I bought a 13# choice brisket st 2.56# and a rack of St. Louis cut spares that was really small. I’ve paid as much as 14.97 bag for B&B

Thanks ,PJ . No pitboss we're available in my area but supposed to have two on hold that my SIL can pick up tomorrow in Carolina .
Made two phone calls to Wally World to confirm pick up and price of 109.00 hopefully all works out .

I need another cooker, like I need another hole in my body .
Thanks again Brother .

Not surprised , but when he got there another employee accidentally sold them.
:blah:

Found one in my mom’s hometown in Texas and she is on the way there to get one for me right now! Now need to figure out how to get it to Colorado! Wonder if she can check it as luggage when she comes next month?!?

Edit: Well never mind they were out. Dang it. Probably don’t need it anyway...

Back