Attention LA/SoCal Brethren: Moose's Top Secret Prime Beef Tenderloin Source Now Revealed!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
After posting my Christmas cook thread, I received a number of PM's and requests within the thread to provide the details of where I get my killer beef tenderloin. In case you haven't seen it, here's a few pics:

2013XmasFeast00003_zps304833cf.jpg

2013XmasFeast00004_zpsfdef3ffa.jpg

Can you believe I pay only $11.99 a lb for this incredible beef? It's also fully trimmed eye of the filet, so it's ready to season/prep right out of the bag!

So here's the skinny:

Danny's Fresh Meat & Produce
17648 Vanowen St
Van Nuys, CA 91406
818 708-9775
(A couple of miles north from the 101/White Oak exit)

The owner's name is Eddie, and he's a super nice guy. They also have great ground chuck, drummetes, lamb, occasional prime ribeye, but the filet is just off the charts.

He gets his weekly shipment of meat on Thursdays, so Friday's a great time to go in. I highly recommend you call ahead, and ask him for how much you want (we usually get a 3lb piece, and cut it in half, reserving some for steaks which we freeze for later). If you need a large amount, say 20 lbs or more, he can do that as well.

Make sure when you call, to specify you want him to find you the very best he has on hand.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing some cook threads from some of you who give this a go...

Won't do me any good here, but one of my brothers recently bought a house in Van Nuys. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to learn of a great butcher with gorgeous prime cuts. I'll let him know. Thanks! :hug:

Is this that guy where I got the tenderloin from a while back? That's some nice marbling right there!

Thanks for sharing your source Moose. Too many people won't, then wonder why their source shop closes

Is this that guy where I got the tenderloin from a while back? That's some nice marbling right there!

Yep, sure is, but since we visited, I learned the real trick on how to get the really good stuff, which I detailed in the OP. :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Thanks for the tip Moose. Im gonna check that out.

Thanks for the info, disregard my post in your christmas thread.

Picked up a couple center cuts from him on Friday . Gave one to a BBQ buddy. They were great.

Back