Costco choice beef tenderloin

Okie Sawbones

Banned
I've smoked about everything from a pig and cow you can imagine, but for some reason I never smoked a beef tenderloin. The choice was about half the price of the prime, so I thought I'd give it a try. Now I'm beating myself for not cooking tenderloin sooner. The meat for super tasty and tender, so for me, the prime is not worth it.

Very easy. I heated up the pellet pooper to 300F using mesquite in my A-MAZE-N pellet smoker. I trimmed away all tendons and silverskin, rubbed the tenderloin with a light coat of olive oil, and gave it a generous dose of Peppered Cow. I plugged in my Maverick, then kicked back while it cooked to 135F (1 hour 20 minutes), a perfect medium rare. We ate the tenderloin with creamy horseradish sauce. OMG, even if I did cook it.

The next morning I got the meat slicer ready to go and cut up the remaining 3 pounds of tenderloin for French dip sandwiches, the favorite of SWMBO.

l0rYjf3.jpg

tZBMf4G.jpg

o3gSL6V.jpg

One of favorite cuts to smoke. I know its a pain but slicing as needed is the best way to make sammies. You can hand slice really thin once it comes out of the fridge. I vacuum seal mine and make some delicious setak and egg sandwiches for breakfast too.

Back