Beef Tataki a la Moose

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Exactly a week ago I was at brethren Moose's place. He did something magical that's been forever etched in my brain and taste buds.

Beef tataki. A Japanese dish traditionally done with filet but Moose flipped the script and used flat iron which I absolutely love

Up3JSpI.jpg

I couldn't wait for the weekend to do this. I replicated his tataki recipe first chance I got. Yes!! It's that good

Started with a nicely marbled flat iron steak

QFmsSeXh.jpg

Seasoned the steak with BPS Little Louie garlic rub

HC6Awm8h.jpg

It went indirect on the 26. I had a bird spinning in the Yoder if y'all are wondering :mrgreen:

mUs7DTEh.jpg

Pulled at about 125 IT

oaomX0bh.jpg

Sliced

FQD6WY0h.jpg

Drizzled with fresh chopped herbs, sesame seeds, sesame oil, chili ponzu, soy sauce

mRztZPoh.jpg

:hungry:

tMyr3jWh.jpg

Japanese garlic topping on top. :tape: Heaven food has to be on par with this if there is such a thing

U9EQHFTh.jpg

Wow!!! Easily one of the best dishes/appetizers I've ever made. Richard, you're the man sir!!

That looks out of this world delicious. I know you probably get tried of the questions, but would you please share the ingredients a little more in depth as I'm sure there are things that I will have to order to be able to replicate this dish. Did you mix the liquids together or each get a drizzle?

Thanks,

Robert

Now I know what I want for breakfast. Sadly not an option right now. Simply amazing Sako and thanks to Moose for introducing it

Thats awesome! Drooling...

Question, can you fill me in on how you spin a chicken in the Yoder? I have a YS 640 too and am interested in your hardware (for the chicken).

Thank you!

Yaker

Another amazing feast by Sako!

Richard and Kathleen are incredible cooks and I'm not surprised that they inspired this meal.

If there is a cookoff between you and Moose I want to be on the guest list Sako.

Back