Beef Shank Stew With A New Tool Added To The Arsenal

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Never had one but I've got ideas to use this in conjunction with my smokers to speed this up during the week. Used it once already to make sticky rice for a Japanese themes Fathers Day cook. Can't beat the 6 mins it took to tackle that job. :

The new tool :mrgreen:

0ifA3abh.jpg

For the second cook I decided on a stew using a "lesser known cut of beef" that are beef shanks.

1lhi3vjh.jpg

First, browned them up on the gasser using a CI pan. Hopefully this step qualifies me to enter the TD. If I get the Dilly Bar oh well. Never had one yet. :becky:

bwXHONLh.jpg

arjfu3Nh.jpg

pc9McmTh.jpg

Next put the veggies, meat and liquids in

g97zgSsh.jpg

KzF7R73h.jpg

Waiting for the 30 mins I set to wind down

yPudoFxh.jpg

Plated with fresh baked bread

gO0q6D3h.jpg

Pulled apart tender with a fork

Wt9LuESh.jpg

My favorite part the marrow :hungry:

xTjmNyzh.jpg

Definitely thumbs up

bi0x614h.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks great, Sako! You're adding cookers to your arsenal awfully fast these days...

:mrgreen:

Looks great, Sako! You're adding cookers to your arsenal awfully fast these days...

:mrgreen:

Lol, Thanks Richard! Just need to get a pellet pooper and I'm done. I swear. :becky:

Is that an electric pressure cooker? Im quite interested. Especially if it put out meals like that! Well done!

You definitely didn't "shank" that one as it was a home-run for sure! :thumb: :thumb:

Is that an electric pressure cooker? Im quite interested. Especially if it put out meals like that! Well done!

Yup! I was skeptical for quite some time until my brother told me about it. He's got one and he made some killer meals with it so I was sold. It actually works if you put some basic thought into it which most of us on here are pretty good at.

He did 4 min trout, yes 4 mins, to die for. Oxtail in 40 mins, List goes on.

They've got a infomercial running on them at nights. It's called the Power Pressure Cooker XL and comes in 6,8,10 quart sizes. One I picked up is the 8 QT.

Sam's Club has one that is made by the same company/brand but the times are preset where with this you can set your own times. So don't get the Sams one which is identical looking.

That looks freaky good and freaky fast! Got any marrow left for a hungry Sconnie brotha?!?!?

Lookin killer! I want one of those cookers my dang self.

Looks great Sako, I could eat that 3 times a week in the winter months :shock::thumb:

That meal looks delicious, you can put out 6 min gray in them machines

My neighbor gave me one of those power cooker things, I wasn't too sure about it but then gave it a go and man! it's awesome!

Your stew looks awesome!

Don't know how I missed this thread first time 'round. Looks excellent Neighbor! I have one of those pots, need to use it more often I think.

Great looking meal Sako!

Thanks for tip on the model too. :)

I have one of those and it is very handy. It is also the best rice cooker I have ever used.

My neighbor gave me one of those power cooker things, I wasn't too sure about it but then gave it a go and man! it's awesome!

Your stew looks awesome!

Don't know how I missed this thread first time 'round. Looks excellent Neighbor! I have one of those pots, need to use it more often I think.

I have one of those and it is very handy. It is also the best rice cooker I have ever used.

Thanks guys!! I have to tell you that I was a big skeptic myself but this thing works. I've been using it a lot since I got it and so far it has done a stellar job with anything I've thrown in it.

I made fish stew just last night and it rocked. Huge time saver when you're doing all the cooking yourself. I made ribs last week so I threw some beans in and done in 20mins. :shock: Great tool for quick sides and whatever else you can contemplate. Oh and a super easy clean up. I love it.

Only and I mean only downside is when you load it up to max it takes a bit to build pressure but that's given. It's still stupid fast compared to the conventional way of cooking. This only happens when you've got a bunch of hard to cook cuts in there.

You're not kidding about the rice. :thumb:

Oh and Costco has or had the 8qt (like mine) for $90. My location didn't have it so I ordered online for $120. Wanted to throw it out there just in case anyone wants one an has a Costco membership.

Sako, your cooking threads are just wonderful. They always make me want to get into the kitchen and /or with my backyard cooking arsenal.

Back