Super Bowl Sunday...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This may be a bit early...but I've been thinking about what to cook for a few friends coming over for the big game. This is what I have in mind...

Smoked cheese and crackers...

"PBT's"...Thanks Larry! :p

Brisket chili and corn bread...

Assorted beverages of choice...

I'm still searching for a good brisket chili recipe...using leftover brisket...any ideas? :biggrin:

This may be a bit early...but I've been thinking about what to cook for a few friends coming over for the big game. This is what I have in mind...

"PBT's"...Thanks Larry! :p

I'm still searching for a good brisket chili recipe...using leftover brisket...any ideas? :biggrin:

First, on the PBT's make sure you do a little roasting/smoking on the peppers before wrapping them. Otherwise the won't get done enough. Unless you like crunching peppers.

Second, check the site recipes and grab Jeff's MoFo Brisket Chili. Best in the world...

Either one of these looks ike good brisket chili recipes

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/cookbook/viewrecipe.php?id=1162320121&category=*BBQ BRETHREN CHILE*

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/cookbook/viewrecipe.php?id=1199047878&category=*BBQ BRETHREN CHILE*

Or if you want to try something a little different try this

Sassy JonesFamous Pig Pie:
Warning: Follow directions exactly
One layer of corn chips
One layer of baked beans
One layer of pulled pork shoulder
One layer of Sassy Jones Original BBQ sauce
One layer of shredded cheddar cheese One layer of cole slaw​
*If you want a small one, do it in a saucer
*If you want a big one, do it in a wash tub!

First, on the PBT's make sure you do a little roasting/smoking on the peppers before wrapping them. Otherwise the won't get done enough. Unless you like crunching peppers.

Second, check the site recipes and grab Jeff's MoFo Brisket Chili. Best in the world...

Good tips Larry...thanks! :p

Didn"t get to cook this weekend, had to work, so planning for Sunday! Chuckie sammys, ABT's, fatties of course, prolly baked beans and/or cole slaw, wifey's wonderful mac & cheese, and TONS OF ADULT BEVS!!!!! I am ready for a day off and plan on a fun time!

Brisket is done and ready for the chili...printed a copy of Jeff's "MoFo" recipe.

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

Cheese is smoked and ready for the pre-game hype festivities...

IMG_3456.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

All that's left are the PBT's on game day...:p

Thanks Todd...I showed your recipe to my wife and she said it's a done deal! :p My father-in-law is visiting (Jack lover) and put in his thumbs up as well. I think we'll use 3 japs as recommended in the last post of your thread.

Back