20 Pork Butts HOT & FAST on the Fiery Furnace!

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Put em a little over an hour ago.
204+ lb raw weight.
Injected with Chris Lilly's Pork Injection.
Rubbed with a modified version of a BBQ Brethren recipe (KC's rub #105 in the BBQ Brethren Cookbook.
Cruising at about 300d.
Oak & cherry wood.
Plan on wrapping when they get good color & throwing them in a cooler when they're done.
Will pull, lightly reseason, cool, vacuum seal & freeze in the AM.

This monster could hold twice that!
It's less than 1/2 full!

Last edited:
Dan would be Proud of you loading the Fiery Furnace up with all that pork goodness.

Looks good so far. Can't wait to see more pr0n in the morning.

@ 3 hrs in:

1st time opening the smoker,
Good color but need longer.
IT's ranging from 120-150.
Here comes the stall!
Gonna wrap soon and blow through it.

More pics to come when they're ready to wrap

Fire's Rollin!

I'm having to put 2 logs on about every 1/2 hr and leave the FB door cracked to keep it at 300.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 902
Man, that's a great looking smoker! Where did ya get such a beast? :) This brings up old, good memories. Some good times with good friends around that monster. I sure wish I could cook with ya. Lord willing, one day...

When are you serving?

God bless the rest of your cook, the pulling, and the eating!

Man, that's a great looking smoker! Where did ya get such a beast? :) This brings up old, good memories. Some good times with good friends around that monster. I sure wish I could cook with ya. Lord willing, one day...

When are you serving?

God bless the rest of your cook, the pulling, and the eating!

That's the trick!
The banquet isn't until next Sunday afternoon.

I'm going to vacuum seal in bags as long as I can fit in the freezer.
Using 14" wide rolls to make about 2' long and stuff em full, 1 full foil pan per bag if I can fit it all in the bags after I roll em out.
Freeze until next Fri or Sat, then thaw and then reheat the morning before service. I'm going to really soak up some AJ with the meat as it cools so we'll just have to dump the PP back into full pans, reheat in oven beforehand.

BTW: doing a dinner for the kids' school Fall Sports Banquet.
Next weekend is opening weekend of shotgun season here in IN and I can't cook it next weekend.

Sounds like a good plan. Be sure the meat is cool before bagging, or you could end up with ground pork. Don't ask me how I know...

WRAPPED!

Here's what they looked like at 4 1/2 hrs in.
Some were done, most should be within the next hour or two.
There's gonna be some stubborn ones too!

Back