More Beef Cheek Tacos

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The weather was nice this weekend, I set up my fancy cooker for an easy self-serve meal with friends.

58b53bb2-1.jpg

heated a bit of oil and added my onions and peppers...

bfe8e199-1.jpg

how I prepare beef cheeks.. http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2010/08/sweet-beef-cheek-tacos.html

then the beef cheek meat...

57fb7126-1.jpg

warm tortillas on the side...

f7777265-1.jpg

93bbd239-3.jpg

50763954-1.jpg

it was another one of those plateless meals. Grab a hot tortilla, fill with beef cheeks, top with sauce and pico. Serve lots of napkins and cold beer.

52247b84-1.jpg

ba05d7e4-1.jpg

I was trying the sriracha sauce for the first time too... really liked it!

Thanks for looking!

and for Ron... Thanks for checking out my cheeks!! :)

Last edited:
You are livin right! Never tried beef cheek. I do love Sriracha though - been using it in Guerry's slaw recipe and it's fantastic. There's a food truck here that sell chocolate bars that have Sriracha in them and they are goooooood.

Great pix - thanks for puttin 'em up! :thumb:

Sweet cheeks, Jeanie! :shock: :p

I love Sriracha. I haven't seen the Hula Girl hot sauce around here. How is that?

Thank you Blue, Al and Guerry! :-D

You are livin right! Never tried beef cheek. I do love Sriracha though - been using it in Guerry's slaw recipe and it's fantastic. There's a food truck here that sell chocolate bars that have Sriracha in them and they are goooooood.

Great pix - thanks for puttin 'em up! :thumb:

Wow... chocolate bars with Sriracha!! Sounds like something I would love! :becky: Thank you!!

Sweet cheeks, Jeanie! :shock: :p

I love Sriracha. I haven't seen the Hula Girl hot sauce around here. How is that?

Thank you Ron, I'm almost out of the Hula Girl. It's jalapeno sauce... I really love it! It's not overly hot but has a nice jalapeno flavor. :-D

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Good thing you didn't invite me...I would've took all of that when you guys were looking in the wrong direction.:roll:

Thanks Doc.!:cool:

That looks really great, Jeanie -thanks for posting. I was at a taco place in Santa Barbara last year and tried beef cheek tacos for the first time. They were AWESOME!

Your post has inspired me to cook some beef cheek tacos...and soon! Now I just have to figure out where to find some beef cheek...:roll:

BTW, you might want to try my salsa roja next time you make tacos - I'll send you the recipe if you PM me.

Those look great. I take my tacos by the dozen. That's a pretty sweet burner to got too.

Thanks friends!
Misterrachel, you might check the Mexican food section at your grocery store if your butcher doesn't carry them. Thanks!

Wow! That is a nice cooker setup and those tacos look amazing!

Those look great. I take my tacos by the dozen. That's a pretty sweet burner to got too.

Thank you jerneendog and ianjoe! The cooker is a piece of pipe with rebar legs, expanded metal top and the burner from an old hot water heater.
I have two of these cookers and really love them. :-D

Phu, Thanks!! I woulda shared with ya!

Steph and El Ropo...Thanks!! :-D

That looks really great, Jeanie -thanks for posting. I was at a taco place in Santa Barbara last year and tried beef cheek tacos for the first time. They were AWESOME!

Your post has inspired me to cook some beef cheek tacos...and soon! Now I just have to figure out where to find some beef cheek...:roll:

BTW, you might want to try my salsa roja next time you make tacos - I'll send you the recipe if you PM me.

Moose, I would love to try your salsa roja...I'll shoot a PM to ya. Thanks! :-D

Is this the one Moose?

Just_Click

Wow, the most luxuriant use of beef cheeks ever!
Yum!
Wait, what do beef cheeks cost in the USA?
If they are in the Mexican section, does that indicate they are not a regular cut for dishes in the mainstream?
I admit to a major Sriracha usage too.
Probably should seek help but haven't hit the downside yet...

That looks tasty, my kind of cookin'! Have you ever added a pkg of sweetbreads to it? It adds another dimension of flavor.....delish:p

Back