Turn The Other Cheek

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Fired up the drum with mezkeet lump. Seasoned beef cheeks with Oakridge SPOGOS and a finishing layer of Lawry's Seasoned Salt. No trimming. Placed skin side down and deflector in place. No splits, no chunks no chips. Seasoned beef and mesquite lump for heat.
Baby it's hot outside, 99°> think I saw red balloons when I was carrying trash to dumpster. All blood products triple wrapped so no death aromas emit.

Last edited:
Average about 187° after a little over 5 hours in cooker. Removed to slow cooker. Added a brick of home made chicken stock and a box of same. Slow cooker overnight. Continue to render, tender and fill the home with happy aromas.

Alexa
It's A Matter Of Trust
Billy Joel on Spotify -- Volume 7

Last edited:
Lookin good.
When I had untrimmed cheeks from Sams, There was 75% fat and junk. Had to be trimmed. Serious waste.

Really is a Forest Gump situation with cheeks.
You never know what you're gonna get

Lookin good.
When I had untrimmed cheeks from Sams, There was 75% fat and junk. Had to be trimmed. Serious waste.

Same, but i got them from RD. Not worth all the effort trimming and waste. I tried non trimmed and shredded and it was just too much gelatinous stickness for my taste. My wife loved it, but till you account for starting weight was and what was cooked down there was at least 50% loss. So either way, its a lose lose.

Lookin good.
I tried trimming the first time or two, PITA. Now I throw them in untrimmed, after the smoke stage, grab the hot gloves and get rid of most of the nastiness that's still left. Then throw in the braise, bit of gelatinous goodness is left to remind you it's REAL Barbacoa, not that crap that Chipotle tries to pass off as Barbacoa.

So for breakfast I had two pieces of Keto Toast, butter and local honey
The Bride has a a couple Keto Tortillas dipped in Barbacoa Juice and a decent amount of smoked beef cheek Barbacoa.
Beef cheek tacos.
She declared it good.
Good as it gets

Amen

That’s something I’ve never cooked, I’m thinking all the fatty gooeyness would be right up me alley!

Beef cheeks to me are like pork butt. Pretty dang forgiving, hard to turn out a bad product

I think im going to try treating them like i would short rib meat. I am thinking Beef Stroganoff, or braised in a Marsala wine sauce over a bed of garlic mashed potato's topped with boursin cheese and lump crab meat.

Back