Turn The Other Cheek

Barbacado is pretty well known at LeRoy and Lewis. I read one time they have beef cheeks every day and only have brisket once per week. Things change and it's been a while.

I don't cook beef cheek too much. Mrs doesn't care for it and it's very distinct, so I can't just sneak it by here.

She tolerated it with tacos but when i used it for bbq beef sandwich, she objected.

I don't cook beef cheek too much. Mrs doesn't care for it and it's very distinct, so I can't just sneak it by here.

She tolerated it with tacos but when i used it for bbq beef sandwich, she objected.

My wife is the opposite, she loves fatty gelatinous meat, where i can only tolerate it in moderation. Don't get me wrong i love a good marbled cut of meat, but i trim the fat within a 1/8 inch or i have to cut it off before eating.

My wife is the opposite, she loves fatty gelatinous meat, where i can only tolerate it in moderation. Don't get me wrong i love a good marbled cut of meat, but i trim the fat within a 1/8 inch or i have to cut it off before eating.

Yeah I think it's gelantous texture she hates

But her favorite cut of meat is boneless skinless chicken breasts. She does compromise in thighs though for many dishes for my benefit.

I understand. My Bride grew up on roast, potato and carrot. She lived on a farm and her mother trekked 40 mi to nearest store once per month. I mean they'd grill, her mom would cook oven BBQ, a cookout was hamburger. Me on the other hand, we hunted fished, raised rabbits, ate squirrels, snake, freshwater crawdads etc. Anything with eyes was fair game. My mom could cook anything from nothing and we'd eat leftovers. Mom wouldn't cook dove, those were the Lord's bird. Wed cook them outside. We ate a lot of hamburger.

Bottom line I understand your bride's pushback.

I understand. My Bride grew up on roast, potato and carrot. She lived on a farm and her mother trekked 40 mi to nearest store once per month. I mean they'd grill, her mom would cook oven BBQ, a cookout was hamburger. Me on the other hand, we hunted fished, raised rabbits, ate squirrels, snake, freshwater crawdads etc. Anything with eyes was fair game. My mom could cook anything from nothing and we'd eat leftovers. Mom wouldn't cook dove, those were the Lord's bird. Wed cook them outside. We ate a lot of hamburger.

Bottom line I understand your bride's pushback.

Yeah, I just accept it and often cook two proteins, something interesting for me and salmon or chicken breasts for her.

Back