What did i start?

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Soooo last year for Christmas i made refrigerator pickles as gifts. I gave out 10 or so jars to family and friends.

Now this year i have gotten requests. Dill, hot, hell i even have requests for multiple jars. Who even does that?

Well looks like tonight im making pickles, i list count at 20 jars

Soooo last year for Christmas i made refrigerator pickles as gifts. I gave out 10 or so jars to family and friends.

Now this year i have gotten requests. Dill, hot, hell i even have requests for multiple jars. Who even does that?

Well looks like tonight im making pickles, i list count at 20 jars

You forgot to post your recipe;)
Lucky folks!

I'll take 6 jars of spicy chips and 1 case of dill spears and my neighbor will have 1 case of mixed, thanks in advance!

I'd like some bread and butter pickles.

P.S. Samething kind of happened to me. I make flavored salts to give out of christmas. I have done Sirracha salt and smoked salts the last few years. I have gotten multiple requests each year for them.

I'd like some bread and butter pickles.

P.S. Samething kind of happened to me. I make flavored salts to give out of christmas. I have done Sirracha salt and smoked salts the last few years. I have gotten multiple requests each year for them.

Such a good idea. Gifts like these are better than the typical under $20 fair people get for each other imo.

Here's the link to Marubozo's pickles. I've made them as well and they are now a regular at our household. Pickles

Yup thats the one

Ingredients
• 4-6 medium cucumbers, or 8-10 small pickling cucumbers
• 4 cups water
• 2 cups white vinegar
• 8-12 cloves of garlic
• 6 tablespoons of pickling/canning salt or non-iodized kosher salt
• A few sprigs of fresh dill, or substitute with 2 tablespoons of dill seed
• 1 teaspoon coriander seed
• 1 teaspoon celery seed
• 1 teaspoon mustard seed
• 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
• 2 Hungarian hot wax peppers

Directions

Start by bringing the water to a simmer in a saucepan. While the water is heating, peel the garlic. For a subtle garlic flavor, use 8 cloves (4 in each jar). Use more for a stronger garlic flavor. Leave the cloves whole. Once the water is up to a simmer you can add the garlic and cook for about five minutes. While the garlic is cooking, prepare your cucumbers by slicing into quarters lengthwise for spears, or cut thin chips. After the garlic has cooked for five minutes, add the vinegar and salt and bring to a boil until the salt is dissolved and then remove from the heat.

In two one-quart canning jars (wide-mouth jars work best for this) add the fresh sprigs of dill and remove the garlic from the pan and distribute equally in both jars. Then divide the remaining spices between the two jars. If you want a touch of heat, add one Hungarian hot pepper, halved lengthwise, to each jar. Next, take the cucumbers and pack them tightly into each jar. Bring the brine back up to a boil and pour immediately into both jars, filling very close to the very top so that the cucumbers are completely covered.

Let cool to room temp and then refrigerate overnight. They are really good after sitting overnight, but amazing after another day or two.

Such a good idea. Gifts like these are better than the typical under $20 fair people get for each other imo.

Absolutely. It is more thoughtful and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

This year since this was my first year as a supervisor, I gave my crew some of my homemade rub and pecan smoked sea salt. They were all excited about it , since it wasn't the typical gift card, cookies, or candy. The bonus in it, was it cost me less than $25 to make enough for 18 people.

277114_226943604023108_813005_n.jpg

Never thought about doing pickles, might need to give that some consideration. The last 2 weeks were spent making English Toffee, peanut butter balls, russian tea cakes, dulce de leche and buffalo chex mix. My wife and I have given up on buying stuff for the adults, instead we make them food - the kids just get cash

Back