Happy Friday Farkers...What's Smokin' This Holiday Weekend?...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Friday Night Steaks tonight...:p

Not sure the rest of the weekend...we got a new 22.5 WSM in the mail yesterday I need to break in...:biggrin:

Have a great holiday folks! :-D

McD's tonight, while driving up to our "Up North" place. One night we are having a " chili dump" with a bunch of people and the other night I think I'm going to try the "Roadside Chicken" recipe. It's supposed to be a nice weekend here, I hope it's the same for all of you too! :smile:

publix had nice florida bugs on sale wednesday hoping they still have a few if they do lobster and ribeyes tonight pork butt tomorow and spare ribbs sunday monday will be for getting over the hang over from the weekend!

We too are heading North....

My plan is to hit the Old Time Butchers and see what he has for our Sunday Dinner (tomorrow is the local pork chop picnic) ... I'm kind of thinking of dino-bones, but a turkey also sounds good... Just have to see what he has...

I have run my mouth about this board so much that my friends have now told me to shut up and start smokin' so I will attempt my first fatty or 2 as well as some stuffed japs (thanks to all the great advice from an earlier post)...and dare I attempt MOINK??
possibly too much for a newbie??? Plus I really need to post pics of the pig from last weekend.

Pork Butt and some ABTs.
First time smoking both of these. We'll see how it turns out. Having the whole family over, they'll let me know.

Headed to the meat market shortly.
Plans are for Ribs, Chicken, Brisket, and whatever else looks good. :-D

Smoker should be going most of the weekend, getting ready for first backyard comp. next weekend.

I'll do a couple of butts and a brisket on Sunday and on Monday going to try roadside chicken :p:p:p

My son-in-law and daighter invited me over for some bbq and hangin out by the pool on Saturday. They then asked me what I was going to bbq for them! Guess I'll start the ribs and bbq beans early in the morning at home on my "new to me" used Traeger BBQ100, then take to their place to finish off along with a couple of fattys, coleslaw. Hope they are providing the adult beverages at least. I'll have my 2 other kids along to drive me home. Wife is off working in Dallas for a while. Hope it dips below 100 this weekend.

Gonna try another battle round of Pizza on the Egg.

First round didnt go so well. Didnt have any real pizza equipment, and transfering pizza from a pan to the egg ended badly.

It was pizza on the sheet, but ended up a calzone from the way it landed on the stone.

Baby backs Monday, maybe cheesy bread. Might need to get the Bandera going.

I'll be cooking 100+ pounds of pork butts for the U.S. Watermelon Speed Eating and Seed Spitting Championships. All proceeds will benefit U.S. Watermelon Speed Eating and Seed Spitting Championships, Inc. for the 2010 U.S. Watermelon Speed Eating and Seed Spitting Championships.

After this post the other twin gets on the bus to pre K then, I fire up the WSM for pre heat. Yeah I got today off too.:grin: Backs, beans and my first fatty. I used to grill up sausage sammiches, they kicked azz but it took the brethren to open my eyes to the deeper potential.:mrgreen:

Steak, Chicken, Brats, whatever else strikes my fancy this weekend.

Friday Night Steaks tonight...:p

Not sure the rest of the weekend...we got a new 22.5 WSM in the mail yesterday I need to break in...:biggrin:

Have a great holiday folks! :-D

Another one??:rolleyes::twisted: can you tell I'm jealous?? Where did you get this one? $$$??

Also

I have been laid off work since July 28th so I have had a great time off and I was going to continue it into the weekend with BBQ, Golf and Beer but I got a call from my business agent yesterday so it's back to work for me all weekend.
Hope all of you have a great holliday weekend. :biggrin:

4 racks of spares are going on the Egg in the morning. We had company last weekend and did a shoulder, brisket and 2 racks of the best looking ribs we have ever done - but we didn't get any - making up for that tomorrow.
Sunday may be some pork chops.
Have a great weekend folks.

Back