Griddle me this?

Do you have a recipe for the homemade buns? Are they simple or complicated? They look fantastic!

Anyone here put a thumb print depression in the middle of the patty? It helps the middle cook more completely and the cook avoid that temptation to waste all those juices flattening the burger before serving.

Burgers look great Steve but it's your buns that got my attention... :becky: would probably agree. :)

Care to share the recipe for them?

Do you have a recipe for the homemade buns? Are they simple or complicated? They look fantastic!

Ill post the recipe when i get done working

Anyone here put a thumb print depression in the middle of the patty? It helps the middle cook more completely and the cook avoid that temptation to waste all those juices flattening the burger before serving.

Sure, more for grilled/broiled. These are griddle burgers. The smash works well, you do it right away so no juice loss and its quick & easy.

The burgers at these stands are small slider style with onions. My 1/3 lbs burgers were probably still too big in comparison

looks great!
Personally, I would add some crispy bacon but it's not mandatory
what kind of meat did you use? I generally use a blend of beef and pork

Those look great and the technique is in line with what I do. Something about the flavor and crust on a griddle burger. Just can't be beat.

.....And ya don't stink up the house with onions!!

Burgers look great Steve but it's your buns that got my attention... :becky: would probably agree. :)

Care to share the recipe for them?

3 cups flour
1 cup water
Yeast
Teas salt
1 egg
2 tbl Sugar
1/3 cup Oil

Knead dough and then make rounds to proof. I make a ball and flatten out to a disk. The trick is to make the round as big as desired bun diameter. When they rise they get taller but not bigger around. Once proofed to your liking bake @ 425 for about 12 minutes. I really like to use a thick commercial grade baking sheet. I get nice browning on the bottom, better than my cheap stone does.

Ive only been baking breads for a few months. There is something therapeutic about the process.

Thanks Steve!

Some very good advice, I would have bet they were store bought otherwise. :)

3 cups flour
1 cup water
Yeast
Teas salt
1 egg
2 tbl Sugar
1/3 cup Oil

Knead dough and then make rounds to proof. I make a ball and flatten out to a disk. The trick is to make the round as big as desired bun diameter. When they rise they get taller but not bigger around. Once proofed to your liking bake @ 425 for about 12 minutes. I really like to use a thick commercial grade baking sheet. I get nice browning on the bottom, better than my cheap stone does.

Ive only been baking breads for a few months. There is something therapeutic about the process.

So, do you just guess on the amount of yeast, or should I know what amount that should be?

So, do you just guess on the amount of yeast, or should I know what amount that should be?

The recipe makes about a dozen buns. I cut it in half and get 6.

It calls for 2 tbl of active dry yeast. I believe that equals one packet, which is what i use so far. I used half a packet for this batch. Maybe a real baker can clarify this but the yeast multiplies so as long as it blooms enough your good. Sorry still a new thing for me

A packet of yeast is typically 2 1/4 tsp. I use a tablespoon of yeast when it calls for a packet. I buy mine in bulk bags, keep some in a used yeast jar in the fridge and freeze the big bag, refill as needed.

Thanks for the recipe Steve, for someone new to bread you sure do a heck of a job.

Back