THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Ever wonder what they put on burgers in the land down under?

Well when i recieved some of AussieMatts bbq burger sauce i had to find out

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/aussie-burgers?utm_term=.fm99evXbw#.fg4Kv02VB

Apparently picked beets.

I cooked the bacon in the oven. Everything else was done on the blackstone griddle. The burger sauce or eta bbq sauce is common in Austria, Matt sent me his homemade version. Details here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240404

Started with onions and pineapple

Added the hand formed pattys

Don't know if the aussies toast bins but i do

Melt the cheese

Burger station. Half the fun was deciding how to construct your burger

My aussie burger with the lot

Bun
Egg
Tomato
Eta bbq sauce
Sauted onion
Grilled pineapple
Cheese
Patty
Pickled beets
Lettuce
Bun

So aussies how'd i do?

Pineapple is usually called an Hawaii burger down this end
The beetroot is a must have ,some roadside stops Have non pickled beetroot in them for truckdrivers mainly to stop the stains while driving-your burgers would be a hit all over aussieland mate
They look delicious

Hardest part would be trying to hold it all together!
Untitled-2.jpg

Maaaate! I think you nailed it perfectly!! How was the sauce?

Its great. My friend was squirting it all on top their burger. Becky really liked it too.

Its close to steak sauce. Just like your bbq sauce our steak sauce is a misnomer. It goes great on everything but steak.

I do have to give a shoutout to the blackstone griddle. This meal would have been near impossible to pull off in the kitchen. Besides i cant say enough about how fun it is to cook on.

Pineapple is usually called an Hawaii burger down this end
The beetroot is a must have ,some roadside stops Have non pickled beetroot in them for truckdrivers mainly to stop the stains while driving-your burgers would be a hit all over aussieland mate
They look delicious

I need a clarification. Are you talking about stains in the truck driver's seat or of stains in general?

Tasty looking burger Ninja!

Back