THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's more like an "Auswaiian" burger, buddy!

In Australia, pineapple is usually reserved for things to be christened as being "Hawaiian" such as pizza! Beetroot, I hate beetroot, and would never put it on a burger, or anything really, but it's pushed as being an Aussie-thing on sandwiches so maybe it is!

Looks like a great burger though!

In Australia, pineapple is usually reserved for things to be christened as being "Hawaiian" such as pizza! Beetroot, I hate beetroot, and would never put it on a burger, or anything really, but it's pushed as being an Aussie-thing on sandwiches so maybe it is!

anything here with banana or pineapple as the main point is also sold to the masses at inflated prices as 'tropical'

anything here with banana or pineapple as the main point is also sold to the masses at inflated prices as 'tropical'

Yea we have "Hawaiian" pizza with pineapple and ham. In just about every reference i found grilled pineapple was listed as an ingredient in an aussie burger with the works (the lot). Sounds like the pineapple is less common than the bloggers lead us to believe. They also mostly list spicy mayo as a condiment, i haven't seen a reference to eta bbq sauce.

Everything else, save the beets, are common toppings here. They seem to be a switch out for our pickles (gerkins), they are a staple here, you get them with every burger or sandwich in every bar across America.

I like the egg, we do it but i wouldn't say its the normal way. One weird topping that is slightly more regional is green olive. Give it a try and tell me what you think.

At the end of the day with burgers, tacos, and pizza i prefer just a few toppings that compliment each other to covering them in the works, although that is fun sometimes.

I love everything Australia, and have been twice. But just can't do the pickled beetroot. But I have an aversion to sweet/savory mixes.

I'll eat a runny egg on a burger whether it Aussie, American, German, Irish, Spanish, Portuguese . . .

Amen to that. Its like the cherry on top.

I can say i will put beets on a burger again . They added a distinct layer of flavor without overpowering. Its hard to get lost with that much going on in a burger. It seems a few here cant get over the beets either

Back