North Texas Bash - Spring 2015 (New Location!!! - Please Read for More Information)

Must be top secret this spring! Going to make it hard to get a camping reservation if it's kept under wraps much longer!
We are giving Gerry another week to try to figure out Lavon since he already put some effort into it but has been dealing with some back problems and such. If nothing by then, sliding_billy is gonna pick a spot and make a rez....

Lavon Sucks - Most of the Parks have been closed for 2 yrs. Why was Lavon considered anyways?

I vote for the Fancy Rest Area on I35 North of Denton --- or is it on 287......hmmmm. :confused:

Lavon Sucks - Most of the Parks have been closed for 2 yrs. Why was Lavon considered anyways?

I vote for the Fancy Rest Area on I35 North of Denton --- or is it on 287......hmmmm. :confused:

We are giving Gerry another week to try to figure out Lavon since he already put some effort into it but has been dealing with some back problems and such. If nothing by then, sliding_billy is gonna pick a spot and make a rez....
:becky:

Jo and I were really looking forward to this. Both of us no longer had the pending legalities over our heads and were really looking forward to spending the weekend down there relaxing with our new Dallas friends!

But because of our crazy snow this winter, it has caused a ripple effect for me, that schools are staying open a few days longer which has pushed end of dance season recitals out a week (they use HS auditoriums) and this weekend is now mandatory recital practice.

And on Jo's side, she is closing on her new house on 5.30.15, so it should be a very full weekend.

Please North Dallas Brethren, please hold another one in the Fall!!!!

Have a great time Brothers, we'll miss you.

I was so looking forward to Pepper donuts in the parking lot.

Bill, hate that y'all have to miss this one but definitely understand the reasons. My TN kinfolks are dealing with similar situations. We're appreciate y'all coming down anytime and we'll look forward to the next time y'all make it to the Lone Star State!

Certainly understandable, Bill! Do what ya gotta do and we'll see ya at the next one :wink: :thumb:

If you have seen a GTO trunk, you would know I couldn't bring a cooker in it :becky:

Well, depending on what part of Lavon you wind up at, I'm 15-30 minutes away. I'd like to come visit. Right now Lavon is 5 feet below normal which is about 7 feet higher than its been the past couple of years. If Lavon turns out to be a no-go and you don't mind the North side of Texoma (Oklahoma side), Burns Run West is a beautiful campground. On the East side of the park by the boat ramp they have Group RV Sites and grounds and a pavilion. Right next to the water. They allow tent camping too, and only costs you the park entry fee. That's where I used to have my big annual BBQ's and everyone really enjoyed it.

Edit: It's easily accessible off hwy 75 and straight across the dam.

Last edited:
:rofl:

Gonna be looking for a bit...he didn't make it out of the Temple of Toys alive!!! :becky:

Well, just took a bike ride around Lavon. Even though it's only 5 feet down there's not a lot of water in the shallow ends. There is water there, but you can see the weeds sticking out of the water, so I'd say a couple of feet. I didn't go into any of the parks. Stopped at the scenic overlook and you can see water where there wasn't any..

Late in the Spring when it's Hot and at a Crappy location........... :roll:

I say this Saturday at the Old Kmart parking lot on Hwy 10 in HEB area.........:mrgreen:

Late in the Spring when it's Hot and at a Crappy location...........
...really, we get it.

Timing didn't work out to have it any earlier. Unless we hear something from Gerry today (which at this point is looking unlikely), we'll get a location at Ray Roberts worked out this week.

If the heat is gonna keep you away, that's a bummer. If the location is gonna keep you away, that's a bummer, too. We live in Texas, for Pete's sake! May isn't THAT hot, ya big ol' pansy :wink: :boink:

Historical Average for Denton on May 30th is 85°F....

http://www.wunderground.com/history...reqdb.zip=76201&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Fall Bash planning is on you, how about that? :wink:

...really, we get it.

Timing didn't work out to have it any earlier. Unless we hear something from Gerry today (which at this point is looking unlikely), we'll get a location at Ray Roberts worked out this week.

If the heat is gonna keep you away, that's a bummer. If the location is gonna keep you away, that's a bummer, too. We live in Texas, for Pete's sake! May isn't THAT hot, ya big ol' pansy :wink: :boink:

Historical Average for Denton on May 30th is 85°F....

http://www.wunderground.com/history...reqdb.zip=76201&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Fall Bash planning is on you, how about that? :wink:

It's not hot in Texas, it's just cool in the houses...

Back