THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Park on Lavon ? Most have been closed for a while with Lake so low. Lavon is a long Haul for me but so was the last 2 places.

Since I'm relatively new to this forum, pray tell what is this "bash" that you speak of and how is it conducted, and can anyone participate?

Hey! Who let Joe in here? Did he pay? Y'all made me pay... :mrgreen:

Seriously, I have yet to attend one, so better for them to give you info. But from my understanding it is just a social gathering, everyone welcome, BBQing will be done and ate, kinda thing... The more the merrier.

I'll keep it simple for you guys here is the 12 step program...

1. Camp or show up the day of whatever works for you.
2. Find a way to beat the wind.
3. EAT
4. Cook or bring something if you like.
5. EAT
6. Hang out with some great guys and families while enjoying your favorite beverages.
7. EAT
8. Continue to spend time swapping stories and talking Q or whatever with good folks.
9. EAT
10. Have a shot of Cabo.
11. EAT
12. Finally waddle miserably back to your vehicle or camp and enter a enter a Q coma.

I'm probably out. I was thinking a 2 hour drive but it looks like lavon is 4 hours.

Gentlemen! I hardly have time to get on the forum anymore, but got on tonight and found this. Count me in along with my daughter. I couldn't make it to the last one because I was on-call for work. I won't let that happen this time. I don't care where it's at. We had a blast last time. Can't wait for this one. I'll be bringing my drum smoker. We will also camp out as well.

Gentlemen! I hardly have time to get on the forum anymore, but got on tonight and found this. Count me in along with my daughter. I couldn't make it to the last one because I was on-call for work. I won't let that happen this time. I don't care where it's at. We had a blast last time. Can't wait for this one. I'll be bringing my drum smoker. We will also camp out as well.

Looking forward to seeing and your daughter again!

Back