THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:eusa_clap ... But 85* is getting warm for a Fat Boy..........

Wish I hadn't gave away that old window unit A/C. Set that sucker on a picnic table and crank it up.

How about I bring some extra coldbeer?

Well Smitty, I guess I'll go ahead and order a couple cases of Nettles sausage:becky:

Woo Hoo! Muchas gracias Dave!

Hmmmm . . . if I remember right Mac liked my wife's brownies.

Anybody know anything about the Sanger Inn, looks like a nice little spot?
Nada...there are some more chain type hotels in northern Denton at I35 and 380 that would still be pretty close to the park. Or even a few more miles south into Denton.

We are in Group Picnic Pavilion 1 at Ray Roberts Isle du Bois on May 30th (the one to the left of the launch at the beach point). Peeps says that is where we were last spring, but I am having "old timers" trying to remember anything between the Johnson Branch (home of the snake) bash and last fall at pavilion 2.

That looks to be about 45 minutes away. Not too bad..:thumb:

Is this a one or two day deal?

Having camped there in the past I can tell folks that IdB a great park to camp at. Just not sure at this time if Brian & I will be camping or not.

Outstanding! That was a great location. I gotta pick a better camping spot this time. Last time I camped on the point by the boat ramp and it was a good quarter mile hike each way from the car to the site. Getting everything back and forth was a beat down.

Yeah, I really liked that pavilion spot, except for the brutal wind.

If you can, get one of the drive-up campsite spots. They are further away from the pavilion, but you don't have to haul all your crap so far to/from the car. They are a few more bucks a night.

Yea, I remember seeing your camping area with electricity and parking spots right next to your spots and thinking I should had spent the extra cash. I probably will this time.

We are in Group Picnic Pavilion 1 at Ray Roberts Isle du Bois on May 30th (the one to the left of the launch at the beach point). Peeps says that is where we were last spring, but I am having "old timers" trying to remember anything between the Johnson Branch (home of the snake) bash and last fall at pavilion 2.

Pavilion 1 was my first one. It's got the wading beach right there.

I've decided to do a Tri-Tip and some stuffed jalapeno's at the bash. They are so good and I can get them done pretty early to hold us over until the big stuff is done. I did a reverse sear on one tonight and I forgot how good they are.

1a9dc6b683876ca76abce1ea88c427ed.jpg

80c605a6c59a39610db85acb944770e3.jpg

22f90e8621f0ed15fccd354f9f47e6bc.jpg

ede707c675b9c86da6caafa3da9761ea.jpg

Back