THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJ if you just don't want to make the drive you can ride with me if you can swing a long weekend. I'm working at A&M and driving back this way on the weekends so I can swing through and pick you up Thursday or Friday and take you back on my back Monday morning. I don't care if we do it at Lavon or Ray Roberts let's just lock it in so we can make camping arrangements!

PJ if you just don't want to make the drive you can ride with me if you can swing a long weekend. I'm working at A&M and driving back this way on the weekends so I can swing through and pick you up Thursday or Friday and take you back on my back Monday morning. I don't care if we do it at Lavon or Ray Roberts let's just lock it in so we can make camping arrangements!

The drive is ok now that I know it is only 2 hours. Don't know what happened when I googled lavon park. I appreciate the offer but I need to get back Saturday night.

Gentlemen! I hardly have time to get on the forum anymore, but got on tonight and found this. Count me in along with my daughter. I couldn't make it to the last one because I was on-call for work. I won't let that happen this time. I don't care where it's at. We had a blast last time. Can't wait for this one. I'll be bringing my drum smoker. We will also camp out as well.

Guess I'll be making ribs again. :biggrin1:

Y'all will have to forgive me if I'm not around a bunch. I got picked to be in a really big time golf tournament in July at Myrtle Beach, so golf has been consuming my life lately. Been doing lessons and practicing just about every day. I didn't forget about y'all, just been busy with that.

:rofl:

Y'all will have to forgive me if I'm not around a bunch. I got picked to be in a really big time golf tournament in July at Myrtle Beach, so golf has been consuming my life lately. Been doing lessons and practicing just about every day. I didn't forget about y'all, just been busy with that.
No worries, Dave! Good luck practicing for the tourney!!!! :thumb:

Wooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!

I've been trying to figure out how to post a fancy link in my signature like peeps & DaveAlvarado did and can't figger it out. Anybody wanna help a old tech illiterate guy out?

What in the Wide World of Sports is going on here? Bash is at Lavon, that is just up the road from me? Don't know schedule until we get into May, but this sounds promising. Which park? I was just out there yesterday and one of the major parks is closed due to bridge construction.

Gerry is working on it, but he said they don't answer phones, so he has to go up there to get info. They told him we could get there early, but he wants to get it in writing before making the rez...

Correction, guess I'll be making extra ribs. :biggrin1:

Probably going to do 3 racks this time around considering how fast they went last time.

Oh man, you better come correct or my daughter will call you out! Haha, I've gotten pretty good at my ribs. So much so, that my daughter won't even eat ribs anywhere but our house. Just playin man, your ribs were great.

Man I'm really looking forward to this. I had a blast last time even with the stupid wind and the ridiculous hike to our camping grounds from the parking lot. Those were great memories for my daughter and I. Has anyone pinged that baseball coach that was with us that time? His wife had made that dip that we all couldn't stop eating. He said he was going to post the recipe, but I never saw it. Did anyone happen to get it? Is there a list yet of what folks are planning on bringing and cooking? That was really helpful last time. I think Peeps had made a Google doc that we could all get to and edit. Also, please some make those pig shots again. Damn those were tasty!

Still no location. If no location is set at the end of the month, we may need to abandon the Lavon idea and see what availability Ray Roberts' parks have.

And Frank...

null_zps0cb65cda.jpg

Back