most winning cooker

bbq ron

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
if you take all the competions held over the year, what kind of cooker do you think wins most of the time? stick burner, charcoal , etc. :p:p

Are you asking specifically about brand or just the basic type of smoker?

Many teams use various smokers during the same comp and other teams even use the different cookers from comp to comp and still get some wins.

This could be a very hard thing to determine.

just wondering if stickburner or charcoal, pellet poopers in general which has the best track record

My guess is that if you are just talking in general, then the track records are probably about the same.

It's not the cooker it's the cook. Look at the top 10 in the KCBS points race and not a single pit dominates.

It is always the indian not the arrow, but I would go with FE from what I see. Pellet poopers seem to be killing it.

Regardless of whether or not its the cooker or the cook, I find the discussion of winningest cooker to be intriguing, and would be very interested to see the numbers, both in total number of wins as well as winning precentage. My guess is that they would not be the same.

How would one define a team that cooks on 2-3 different pits?

Let's say a team cooks briskets on a UDS, puts butts and ribs in an FE and chicken on a UDS and does well week in and week out? Are they classified as a pellet head or a trash can cooker?

Not trying to throw wrenches into the mix, but maybe look at it per category.

How would one define a team that cooks on 2-3 different pits?

Let's say a team cooks briskets on a UDS, puts butts and ribs in an FE and chicken on a UDS and does well week in and week out? Are they classified as a pellet head or a trash can cooker?

Not trying to throw wrenches into the mix, but maybe look at it per category.

That would definitely be a way to get around that issue.

I think the cook but some cookers seem to be better than others for instance I'm in love with my new UDS and am looking foreward to competition this weekend. Experiance would also seem to be a large factor.

I think the cooker can enhance a cooker's product, but even the best cooker in the world will not cook well if the cooker can't cook.

Back