So the package said Brisket, but this is waht I pulled out.........................pRon

jetfxr27

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I sat out today to do my first Brisket.
Buddy dropped off one thats been in his freezer for a few months. He orders his cows a side at a time and doesn't care for the brisket.

So I mixed up some Butt Glitter.
4115491619_e1e93c242d.jpg

Set everything up and then I opened up the Brisket , lawdy Mercy what is this Thang :eek::eek::eek::eek:

4115578395_366ae5a439_o.jpg

Didn't know whether to smoke or Open rotis on an open fire. its only 1/2 inch at the thickest point. But man its long. No point , no fat just a long arse piece of meat.

So I cut it in half and rubbed her down. Onto the UDS.
4115491845_d416ab88ff.jpg

Question is how the he!! do I cook it?

Im am seriously cracking up in my office right now and everyone is looking at me like im crazy. Thank you so much, I needed that!!!! Roll that baby up and toss her in the pit!

I think your buddy forgot to put it in the clothes dryer on high heat to shrink it.

Either you are a small small man or that is the largest flank steak I have ever seen. Chicken fried steak for 20 anyone?

Looks to me to be a chuck pectoral. Never have seen one that long before.

Mike

Sorry I can't be of any help but got a good laugh out of it!
Guees just cookk and let us know.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Ohh, bad analogy.

Cook one low and slow like a brisket and one the other hot and fast till medium. See what happens. You got it for free right?

Both on UDS now. I'm thinkin jerky. Yeah it was free.
4116259844_f9059939f2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Either you are a small small man or that is the largest flank steak I have ever seen. Chicken fried steak for 20 anyone?
What he said. Nuttin personal, but how tall are you?:tongue:

I'd like to hear an explanation from the butcher on that if you can figure out a "gracious" way to ask.

I even called my butcher (last of the ol' world butcher markets) and described the cut...he was at a loss. I for sure can't figure it out . There's no way it's just one brisket, but it sure looks like two briskets after you separated them....strange.

Danny

I'm 6 foot and heres an unedited picture. By the way it did stretch a bit under its own weight. Also the back side looked identical to the back side of spare pork ribs, so I'm thinking this is part belly as well.

4115491735_e80a6c2571_b.jpg

Back