A two butt weekend...

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I wanted to try an injection recipe sent to me by a smoking friend named Jon in Vermont...
His recipe included apple juice, water, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and kosher salt.
I also injected another butt with beef broth, spiced up with cayenne, onion and garlic powders, brown sugar and kosher salt.

983391e2-1.jpg

(there's no delicate way to say this)....
I sprinkled Jon's butt with Harleys dry rub and smeared my butt with chipotle creamosa then sprinkled with pepper.

a1343b5c-1.jpg

Jon's butt on the Memphis Pro...

890612ce-1.jpg

mine on the drum...

cb4c8376-1.jpg

used hickory in both and set them at 225F...

d0895a5a-1.jpg

basted both with a vinegar, red pepper flake, onion, garlic, kosher salt mixture...

17783a31-1.jpg

The butt on the Pro hit a stall at 165 for about 3 hours.. it ended up taking
13 hrs to reach 185... I was hoping for higher but pulled it off and wrapped it to rest anyway..

573b2304-1.jpg

the drum butt reached 195 in 9 1/2 hrs.. I wrapped and rested it too.

33b69418-1.jpg

my drum butt...

43caec18-1.jpg

the Pro butt...

it came out better than I had expected. had a nice smoke ring and was very tender and juicy..

89aba12e-1.jpg

the drum butt at the top and the Pro butt in the bottom pan...
Both were tasty, I liked Jon's injection the best.

e637a356-1.jpg

Then I made a pulled pork tostada with fresh pico...

8d995b26-1.jpg

8d491a1b-1.jpg

I have replenished my smoked pork stash..I'm happy. :-D

Thank you for looking!

You're right there is no delicate way to say it. That all looks great.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice work Jeanie, even if you weren't delicate with the terminology.

I'm doing six butts tomorrow, none of which are yours or mine!

Nice pork and info Jeanie.

It is good to see a woman who can appreciate a butt, butt...most of the time I get to the second 'b' and decisions are being made...:becky:

I'd hit both those butts, and the tostadas too.:thumb: Everyone should have a pork stash.

I guess all the butt rubbin was good, they look delicious.

( this isn`t going to sound right) I don`t know if Jon`s butt or cowgirls butt looks better butt they both look tasty to me. I`ll bring the mustard sauce next time your making those cowgirl :-D

looks great as always. I love when you talk about (cooking) butts ;)

There you go trying to not draw attention to yourself again! JK Those both look moist and delicious. I'd need another 2 tostadas on that plate for me :-D

Speaking of delicate and trying to stay outta the penalty box.... I will not comment about Jeannie's butt or something to do with horizontal or for that matter Jons butt!! Looks great Jeannie! I always look forward to your posts Sista.....

MMMMMMMMMMM..... SWSW, SEBTM, & BASTMF....mmmmmmmmmmmm

Those are some fine looking butt's :roll:. Its allways nice to restook the freezer :clap2:
Nicely done Jeanie.... Very Nicely done......:-D

Last edited:
Jeanie, only YOU could make me crave pulled pork at 8:30 in the morning. Looks great!

Back