Instant Pot

Got my 8 quart in today. Amazon warehouse deals had one for $76 that said would not come in it's original package. I've had so so luck with these deals but worse case is you return it. This one is pristine, everything there but the original box!

We’ve used ours a bunch in a short period of time. Today was Anasazi beans and black rice. 24 minutes on black rice 1/2 cup rice 3/4 cup water tablespoon of coconut oil. Then added 1 cup unsoaked Anasazi beans and 2:3/4 cup water with Adobe Milling bean spice for 48 minutes. Rested about 10 minutes and heated up some Brisket.

Last edited:
This popped into my e-mail today. This site is giving away some InstantPots...

Get MacroEd

And yes, I get a free entry if you sign up with that link, just to be open, but you’ll be entered to win! :thumb:

Did my first cook in me MagicPot today - chuck roast n taters n carrots. Browned the chuckie on both sides with a lil oil on satuee mode then pressure zapped it for 40 minutes, then added cut taters, onions n carrots then pressure zapped it for 15 more minutes. Taters n carrots weren’t soft so pulled roast out and pressure zapped for 15 more minutes. Taters n carrots were over soft like stew but since my 96 yr Old Granpa has NO teeth left -it was Perfect. I like this thing. Used Cavendars Greek Seasoning on the Roast and it came out Tasty.

HkvHPpoh.jpeg

Last edited:
Did my first cook in me MagicPot today - chuck roast n taters n carrots. Browned the chuckie on both sides with a lil oil on satuee mode then pressure zapped it for 40 minutes, then added cut taters, onions n carrots then pressure zapped it for 15 more minutes. Taters n carrots weren’t soft so pulled roast out and pressure zapped for 15 more minutes. Taters n carrots were over soft like stew but since my 96 yr Old Granpa has no teeth left it was perfect. I like this thing. Used Cavendars Greek Seasoning on the Roast and it came out Tasty.

HkvHPpoh.jpeg
What is a MagicPot Smitty? The picture certainly isn't an InstantPot as the thread title suggests. We aren't resorting to "fake news" on the forum, are we?

That’s my name for my Instant Pot. :becky: Pic is just a restaurant style to go box I took Dinner down to my Granpa in.

I knew what you were talking about, because that is what I call mine as well. Throw food in, push a button and 30 minutes later, magically, you have a fantastic dinner. Perfect for long work days.

That’s my name for my Instant Pot. :becky: Pic is just a restaurant style to go box I took Dinner down to my Granpa in.
Now I understand. I thought the picture was a cooker with a nonstick liner and a clear lid. It looks like a to-go container now that you splained it.
Being ill equipped, I'll refrain from thinking out loud. :rolleyes:

A recipe for the IP

Let’s hear/see some cooks n recipes. What y’all got to share.?
Smitty, the Pressure Cooking Today site has many recipes. All that I have tried have worked as advertised.
One of my favorite InstantPot creations is Barbra's Meyer lemon cheese cake. It requires an open minded approach to accept the idea of a cheesecake made in a pressure cooker. It's rather like me agreeing to try my first raw oyster, except there wasn't any alcohol involved with the cheesecake decision. I am glad that I gave it a go, in both cases.
The cheesecake does require a special pan. I use and like this one which fits in the 6qt IP.
a small tip: When the stainless steel IP liner (pot) gets stained, Bar Keepers Friend will restore it to look brand new.

Let’s hear/see some cooks n recipes. What y’all got to share.?
My wife is the instant pot operator in our family; I run QC. She belongs to a Facebook group with like 500K members and a constant stream of recipes. We particularly like to eat Indian food; there is an Indian woman in the group that does recipes on YouTube and has also published a book of IP Indian recipes. There is also a pair of women apparently supported to some degree by IP. They recently published a recipe for chicken with ginger and garlic that was spectacular. Really intense flavors.

Back