What is the worse thing you heard in the judging tent?

tdwalker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score

For me, at a contest in NJ:

"Every entry with Blue's Hog I am marking down automatically." :doh:

This from one of those guys who knows everything about everything, but especially bbq. The whole table was really wishing he would shut the fark up.

A tad off the mark, but mine was at an open chili cookoff; the judge wouldn't touch the entry with black beans, said it looked like "deer poop".

This from one of those guys who knows everything about everything, but especially bbq. The whole table was really wishing he would shut the fark up.

so thats judge farkin' six! :mad2:

Also a little off the mark, but...

From outside the tent at 11:50am while getting my chicken ready for turn in...

"There are storms coming with 80 mile per hour winds. We're excusing the judges to go to shelter" :shock:

Two hours later we got to turn in our food.

Actually, I'm sure many would like to hear this one more...

"I'm really just here for the ribs, everything else I just score an 8 or 9".

KCBS event? The contest rep should have been notified. That "judge" needs a talking to about prejudging. If he maintained that attitude he should have been asked to leave the judging area.

Heard coming from OUTSIDE the judging tent after a cook got DQ'd for undercooked chicken. "Them judges don't know %&$#$#&% about BBQ, they're just here for a free ^&*(( lunch!!!"

Also a little off the mark, but...

From outside the tent at 11:50am while getting my chicken ready for turn in...

"There are storms coming with 80 mile per hour winds. We're excusing the judges to go to shelter" :shock:

Two hours later we got to turn in our food.

I need to go back to holding chicken for 2 hours...lol Haven t had a 1st since then

A friend of mine was judging last week had a fellow judge at his table state "I can't stand the taste of pork". I wonder if anyone got a good pork score from that judge?

This wasn't exactly "bad": "Does this look like pulled pork to you?" Comment to the table captain when some poor soul turned in brisket instead of pulled pork!!

1990's I think - A Judge next to me singing "I got a ring on the finger goin' dangalingaling" (incorrect Georgia Satellite Lyrics) while using the middle finger to block one nostril so he can blow out a bugar through the other. The visual was gross too... cut off shorts and no underwear and legs atrophied by age.

I tried to complain but he was a local potentate in Lynchburg/Tullahoma.

1990's I think - A Judge next to me singing "I got a ring on the finger goin' dangalingaling" (incorrect Georgia Satellite Lyrics) while using the middle finger to block one nostril so he can blow out a bugar through the other. The visual was gross too... cut off shorts and no underwear and legs atrophied by age.

I tried to complain but he was a local potentate in Lynchburg/Tullahoma.

um, donnie, just start competing again.

i'll personally bump and run your funkatorium and bring it to you.

Back