BBQ Brethren "I'd Hit That!" Throwdown

Ever since I saw this, I've wanted to taste one. This throwdown gives me an excuse to finally make one myself and give it a try. I began with some fresh beets (yes, beets!). I cleaned these up and threw them in the back of the smoker for an hour, wrapped in foil.

IMG_1716.jpg

I also grilled up some pineapple rings

IMG_1760.jpg

Any guesses yet? I also baked up some onion buns

IMG_1764.jpg

Enough prep work. Now to the nitty-gritty. I mixed up some ground beef with minced onion, spices and Worcestershire

IMG_1759.jpg

I formed up some patties, some big ones, and grilled away.

IMG_1762.jpg

I also collected the necessary extras (including a fried egg, not shown)

IMG_1765.jpg

and then assembled as best I could, an Aussie burger

IMG_1779.jpg

and here they are side by side (I was thinking of this as the entry pick )

IMG_1782.jpg

Here is a cross section:

IMG_1798.jpg

Gore seemed to have trouble getting his mouth around his.

Thanks for looking!

That burger looks just as crazy farking huge as when Bill posted his!:shock: It still sounds so interesting...I still can't quite imagine it...

Oh MAN!!!!! That's a better burger than I ever did! I'm not worthy!!!!:hail::hail::hail:

Wow, that is something I have always wanted to try also. But, not now.

Well, here's my entry. This is the first time I ever did Tri-Tip. It has only just become available here through our first Australian Costco Store in Melbourne. I asked for a lot of advice, but previous entries and advice from Landarc were uppermost in my mind when prepping and Q'ing this dish.

The full thread is here.

My presentation of the dish is very differrent, but the prep and partial dry cure / brine was copied to some degree. The results were well worth it for the dish turned out fantastic.

Here's a pic after the marinade / cure.
DSC_0003_2121.jpg

The reverse sear...
DSC_0012_2130.jpg

The first cut! (Entry Shot Please!)
DSC_0019_2137.jpg

And served with peas and carrots, turkish roll with melted cheese, pasta salad...
DSC_0026_2144.jpg

Thanks to all, especially Landarc for the inspiration!

Cheers!

Bill

Nice work Bill, although I prefer a little more moo be left in the beef

I took this one and ran with it from Emeril. Basically the only resemblance is that both of our salsa's have pineapple....the rest is imagination.

The image consists of the following: Pan seared shrimp lightly tossed in cilantro oil bedded on pineapple and jalapeno salsa, surrounded by a kolkata wrapper fried in the shape of a bowl. Its name: Kolkata Shrimp with Pineapple Melang'e

02918b7c.jpg

here's a link to where the "inspiration" came from. Thanks, hope you enjoyed.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ith-grilled-pineapple-salsa-recipe/index.html

Man alot of great entree's! Since I got my butt kicked last one(Nice job Jason!), I need some inebreation inspiration!

I saw the Pepper Stout beef found here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94382 posted by Vince some time ago and have been meaning to make it so with this throw down I thought it would be the perfect time.

First I started with the Chucky
IMG_0320.jpg

When it got to 165 I put it in the pan with Bell Peppers,Japs,onions and Garlic and added the Guiness covered and put back in the ProQ and cranked up the heat to 350
IMG_0321.jpg

After it got to 195 I broke it up and took the top foil off and put it back in the smoker to reduce.
IMG_0323.jpg

Once the Beer reduced I broke it up more and stirred in the veggies

IMG_0324.jpg

I added a little touch myself by making a sauce of Pepper Jack Cheese and some Adobo and drizzled a little on top.

IMG_0325.jpg

I am glad I made this as it had a lot of flavor even my wife said I need to make this dish again. So this is my entry

Man, that sure looks good, nice riff with the sauce too.

My first throwdown entry, hope you'll want to hit these:

Entry picture is the last one. I didn't have time to plate these, I was making these for a Brisket 101 class so I hope you want knock me down for that ;)

So, love my MOINKS
Love my Burnt Ends.
Anyone ever combined them?

Still working on the name, BEINKS, BOINKS...

SO007.jpg

SO008.jpg

SO009.jpg

SO010.jpg

I took this one and ran with it from Emeril. Basically the only resemblance is that both of our salsa's have pineapple....the rest is imagination.

The image consists of the following: Pan seared shrimp lightly tossed in cilantro oil bedded on pineapple and jalapeno salsa, surrounded by a kolkata wrapper fried in the shape of a bowl. Its name: Kolkata Shrimp with Pineapple Melang'e

02918b7c.jpg

here's a link to where the "inspiration" came from. Thanks, hope you enjoyed.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ith-grilled-pineapple-salsa-recipe/index.html

WOW! That is impressive looking. :thumb:

Would you mind coming over to my house when I'm making my next TD entry and doing the plating and photographing for me. :redface:

IMG_0325.jpg

I am glad I made this as it had a lot of flavor even my wife said I need to make this dish again. So this is my entry

Another great entry. :thumb: I made that recipe after Vince posted it. It got really good reviews here. Hummm... I got another chuck roast in the freezer.... :becky:

Another great entry. :thumb: I made that recipe after Vince posted it. It got really good reviews here. Hummm... I got another chuck roast in the freezer.... :becky:

I made that one too. It wasn't as pretty as that pic, but sure tatsed great.

I would make it again, certainly. :thumb:

Back