Griddle me this?

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Have you ever smashed a burger?

Round here griddle burgers have onion. Yea. We all know white castle or krystal does them right but locals know Te-lway and Brays do it best. These are the original oakland county hamburger stands. Im partial to Brays due to how close it was.

Note the iconic donkey on top the building

Problem is they tend to cook burgers to order, including onions. Now any self respecting hazel park native knows it takes 30 minutes to properly caramelize onions. The trick is you gotta give them a head start.

Note one sides on high, the other low.

Homemade buns.

Smells delicious

1/3 oz burgers. Slap ya mama on the burgers, wellers in the glass

Onions look good, drop the meat

SMASH!

Crispy

Toasty

Steamy

Cheesy

Loaded up

A little lettuce, Spicy English mustard on the bun and generously covered in AussieMatts ETA bbq sauce

Damn, i wish i ran my own burger stand

They look as good as I can get down here.:thumb:
I would go one of them Right now,
Try simmering the onion in beer for half an hour before putting it on the hotplate

You didn't mention Carter's (wife's favorite). There burgers are a bit larger than the others and do a better job with the onions. And they make the best malted milks. I'm close to both Telway and Bray's. Bray's are O.K. Just to greasy compared to the others for me.
I just picked up a sack of 20 Carter's yesterday when I was down visiting my dad. The best breakfast food!
Long time addiction as I used to live 1.5 miles away. I made many many stops in the morning to bring some into work. I've got them all on speed dial. SLIDERS!

Nice home made buns!

That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible! That is just incredible!

Homemade buns????????? They look perfect- those were homemade?

Sorry for the amazement. I haven't had a full talk of coffee yet this AM

Burgers look great Steve but it's your buns that got my attention... :becky: would probably agree. :)

Care to share the recipe for them?

They look as good as I can get down here.:thumb:
I would go one of them Right now,
Try simmering the onion in beer for half an hour before putting it on the hotplate

Sounds like a good idea. ill try it next time

Mate, I'm going to have to try the HEM and BBQ sauce combo...looks great!

Its a winner. Almost out of of the ETA, gonna have to make some more

Whats up with the hot English mustard? Sounds good I love mustard. Is that like a spicy brown or horseradish type?

Its horseradish type but for my it may as well be napalm

Back