THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking forward to Yardly. That was our first Comp ever. Did the Back Yard Comp. last year. Unfortuneately came in dead last. Hopefully we will not repeat that this year. Had a great time, and as long as we have fun and improve our scores it is a success. Scrapple is the best. Will be there Friday afternoon for the Iron Chef and will be doing the main Comp Sat into Sun. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone
Big George from Back Porch BBQ

Looking forward to Yardly. That was our first Comp ever. Did the Back Yard Comp. last year. Unfortuneately came in dead last. Hopefully we will not repeat that this year. Had a great time, and as long as we have fun and improve our scores it is a success. Scrapple is the best. Will be there Friday afternoon for the Iron Chef and will be doing the main Comp Sat into Sun. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone
Big George from Back Porch BBQ

Big George - stop by the Brethren sites (you'll see the banners!) and feel free to ask any questions you may have. That's why we are here!

Of course, you can search out the teams with the bling-bling or come see us!

Saturday, Jun 7

Day
03.gif

High: 90°F RealFeel®: 90°F
Partly sunny, very warm and humid

Winds: SSW at 14mph Wind Gusts: 25 mph Max UV Index: Very High (8) Thunderstorm Probability: 19% Amount of Precipitation: 0.00in Amount of Rain: 0.00in Amount of Snow: 0.0in Hours of Precipitation: 0 Hrs Hours of Rain: 0 Hrs Hours of Daylight: 14.9 Hrs

Night
36.gif

Low: 67°F RealFeel®: 67°F
Partly cloudy​

Winds: W at 11mph Wind Gusts: 20 mph Min UV Index: N/A Thunderstorm Probability: 13% Amount of Precipitation: 0.00in Amount of Rain: 0.00in Amount Snow: 0.0in Hours of Precipitation: 0 Hrs Hours of Rain: 0 Hrs Hours of Dark 9.1 Hrs

The original SLEDCAST

Friday, Jun 6

02.gif

High: 86 °F RealFeel®: 89 °F
Warmer with sunshine and patchy clouds

Friday Night, Jun 6
36.gif

Low: 68 °F RealFeel®: 68 °F
Partly cloudy

Saturday, Jun 7
03.gif

High: 90 °F RealFeel®: 90 °F
Partly sunny, very warm and humid

Saturday Night, Jun 7
36.gif

Low: 67 °F RealFeel®: 67 °F
Partly cloudy
Sunday, Jun 8
02.gif

High: 86 °F RealFeel®: 90 °F
Sunshine and patchy clouds

Sunday Night, Jun 8
35.gif

Low: 65 °F RealFeel®: 66 °F
Partly cloudy

FYI - Looking to be windy there folks. 15+ Friday/Sun and 25+ Saturday.

If anyone was at dover 15-25 is nothing. Thanks for the heads up, good thing I am not a small guy that will blow away.

there has been a change of plans

Jackash bbq is not competing in the backyard, we moved up to kcbs!
This is my first kcbs comp competition

see you all there

Kyle you should move up. You one the Back Yard last year, and if I remember correctly you even forgot your charcoal. We were in the Backyard Comp last year too- came in dead last but had fun. Hope to see ya there. Good luck. Are you doing Iron Chef

Breakfast plans

I have a great corn bread recipe (and 3 packs of extra cornmeal) and was wondering what the interest level would be in having cast iron corn bread with with butter at the breakfast?

I also have some killer sweet and spicy jellies!

If there is interest, would someone be able to handle the eggs as I won't have enough pans to cook the eggs.

If not, I will stick with the eggs.

Chime in...

Back