THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting (since I never saw this q before) I never thought about it. Can't see it being a problem at all unless you live in California. Then, it'd be illegal for whatever reason.
AND IF U DO LIVE IN CA...i'd add extra oil to the gas ...fire the saw up , set it in the yard and head into the house for dinner and a movie....:p

I cut firewood in college to pay the bills. If the chainsaw is well maintained, there isn't going to be much oil on the wood. It does not take a lot of oil for the saw to work, and having a saw that goes through a lot of oil doesn't save money. Plus, the chit flies all over the guy using the saw, which sucks.

That said, if I were cutting my own wood for cooking use, I would probably use a vegetable based oil.

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry about it, unless you can see significant oil stains on the wood. Then, just cut it off, or toss that chunk in the fireplace.

CD
I agree with this. I have cut a lot of wood over the last 25 years and there is not enough oil on the wood to say so because most of it stays between the bar and chain. I don't believe what little if any oil that gets on the wood will bother anything in the cooking.

A "chop saw" is for metal, If you are talking a "mitre saw" then you have a very dull blade or a cheap saw. I cut my wood with mine all the time and never had a problem.

randy

I've never noticed any problems. Most wood suppliers use old motor oil in their saws. You could not afford wood that was hand cut. 'especially if I had to cut it'

Back