THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kenthanson

is one Smokin' Farker
Just doing the last minute running around for our hometown comp today. There is usually 3 of us on the team and every comp we've run all three guys. One guy couldn't make it because of a family reunion and the other guy's wife was due to give birth two days ago, so he could get called any second to go to the hospital. Feeling a little bit uneasy and hoping his wife can wait until after awards tomorrow, maybe the excitement of a GC would put her into labour!:caked:

UPDATE: The baby held up so teammate was able to be at the comp all weekend. Finished 2nd in chicken and 4th in brisket,
It was a beautiful weekend with lots of good friends. Thanks everyone who wished me/us luck.

Nice job. Did a chicken and rib contest this weekend with just 2 of us from a normal 4 person operation. I really missed our box maker. That job sucks and I've never had to do it before, usually just cook. You did better adapting then we did.

Back